where is everyone?

i have to ask because it seems to be getting very quiet around here lately. i think i may have to buy this website and change it to trigspokerforum so i can continue posting comments to myself.

is it the trolling? i don't think there is exceptionally more trolling on here than other forums (2+2 is way worse for trolls for example). plus, if you can't handle a little trolling then maybe you shouldn't be socializing online.

is it the lack of poker content? yes it has slowed over the years, but it's not nonexistent. also, if you are looking for somewhere to only read poker content and never post it, then maybe you don't want to be part of a forum. forums are for discussing content, not just coming to read it. you can take advantage and only come to lurk, but don't expect the forum to stay alive long. otherwise, stop complaining about the lack of poker content and post some comments yourself. even if you think you have nothing to say (like me) you can still hopefully spark some discussions.

is it all the banning/threats of banning? we arguably lost members who posted a lot (albeit a lot of what they posted was annoying crap), but at least they were posting something. possibly others are choosing to stay quiet simply to avoid being banned.

is it that a lot of the "good" players left? i know we have a few very good players on this forum, but i also know that we had a few very good ones that used to frequent and post and now they have seemed to move on. this is the one that bothers me the most as their "solution" to not liking this forum for whatever reason was to leave instead of trying to make it the forum they always wanted. they (being these good players that left) probably didn't realize that they had the respect of many here and many most likely would have followed their lead in bettering our forum (as opposed to following their lead out the door).

*sigh* :-\

Comments

• Holiday mode.
  • Holiday mode.

let's hope so.

sadly, when i'm in holiday mode i'm probably on here more :D
  • I think Moose, JacNok and some others are in Vegas.
  • I think Moose, JacNok and some others are in Vegas.

that's a legitimate excuse then.
  • I blame comp
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I blame comp

old people can be a downer. >:D
  • I only check in very occasionally when it isn't close to Royal Cup. Though I've recently started playing poker online again so maybe I'll be here more often. #yaycapitalism
  • Exams are killing me, i'll post more when I will get back on crushing MTTs
  • I only jump on the forum when:

1. I am tired of reading Kindle books and need to read something more adventurous.

2. I need to see that T8yourmoney is normal and doesn't make a final table daily.

3. Its my birthday and I want to see if I get any wishes.
  • I didn't even read what everyone else is doing. It'll just depress me. I've been doing 10-11hr days, getting up at 5am to walk the dogs, then get ready to work like a hurricane till I get home. I can't believe I spent 4yrs in university for this.

God I wish I was better at the pokerz. Can I have that for xmas? Plz?
  • I have been seeing other Forums on the side . . . yes, I am a cheating S.O.B. It's not the Forum, it's me.
  • I just quit my second job to focus more on poker. I haven't been around since mtl but I hear trolling has been a problem and I haven't posted new threads I would like help with. I could care less what people think because in the end were all just donkeys working on our game.
  • Ilike reading the dont fear the grim reaper thread.Makes me feel better that I am not on it yet.:mad:
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    Ilike reading the dont fear the grim reaper thread.Makes me feel better that I am not on it yet.:mad:
    +1
  • I'm still here. Don't post much but you make some good points so I'll look for spots to post more.