Should this be folded??? MTT Inquiry.

Thought's on this hand?? I was pretty sure had had an ace, but I don't have the skill to lay down a full house lol, So I just called...

#Game No : 694765415
***** 888poker Hand History for Game 694765415 *****
$10/$20 Blinds No Limit Holdem - ***
Tournament #63635964 $1.80 + $0.20 - Table #3 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: amounatje ( $2,510 )
Seat 2: Whenary88 ( $2,300 )
Seat 4: ColinCharles ( $2,970 )
Seat 5: andreivoron ( $3,000 )
Seat 6: Twiggqka ( $2,400 )
Seat 7: Cjessop94 ( $4,385 )
Seat 9: brogan68 ( $4,330 )
Seat 10: JONATHANMOLD ( $2,920 )
amounatje posts small blind [$10]
Whenary88 posts big blind [$20]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ColinCharles [ Qd, Ks ]
ColinCharles calls [$20]
andreivoron folds
Twiggqka calls [$20]
Cjessop94 calls [$20]
brogan68 calls [$20]
JONATHANMOLD calls [$20]
amounatje calls [$10]
Whenary88 checks
** Dealing flop ** [ Kc, Ac, 4d ]
amounatje checks
Whenary88 checks
ColinCharles bets [$70]
Twiggqka calls [$70]
Cjessop94 calls [$70]
brogan68 folds
JONATHANMOLD folds
amounatje folds
Whenary88 folds
** Dealing turn ** [ Kh ]
ColinCharles bets [$160]
Twiggqka raises [$320]
Cjessop94 folds
ColinCharles calls [$160]
** Dealing river ** [ Ah ]
ColinCharles checks
Twiggqka bets [$495]
ColinCharles calls [$495]
** Summary **
Twiggqka shows [ Ad, Jd ]
ColinCharles mucks [ Qd, Ks ]
Twiggqka collected [ $1,980 ]

Comments

• I don't like the call on the turn. I think you need to raise for value there. You have two opponents who showed a willingness to put money in on the KA4 flop and one of them is raising you right after you improved. Get the money in on the turn and post the hand in BBV when the ace hits.

As played, I'm not folding the river for 495. The A is a bluff card for QJ, QT, JT, QQ, JJ, TT, all the clubs, and any other crap that he could be in there with. You chop Kx and pay off Ax. 495 to win 1500 so you need to be right 1/3 of the time and I think its just close enough.
  • bonus question - how many outs did he have ;)
  • Raise pre if you're going to play this.

You'll define preflop ranges better and be better suited to not be in a FML spot like this.

Fwiw, I fold pre.
  • This is badly played all around.

Pre-flop:

You're first to act, and you limp with KQo early in a MTT, that's bad. You should be folding this 100% of the time at this point. The reasons are, it's not a good hand. AT+ here, and pocket pairs can be debatable, though I think most would suggest 88+ is generously large.

Flop:

Okay, so now there's 7 to the flop and you hit second pair... that's not good enough, so betting here isn't great, but part of me likes it to kinda push around anyone with a weak A. If you'd folded pre this would be easy, but betting is likely your best option here. Sizing isn't bad. Two callers though? You're behind.

Turn:

Bingo! You hit. So, you bet out, which I like, but I think the amount is light. The pot should be 350 at this point? I go at least $200, probably closer to 250. I would hope this looks like someone saying to themselves "Some asshole with a K just called my bet when I hit my A, and now I'm going to tilt off my stack". You got re-raised? He has 2540 left, and it's open betting, pot's at about 830, and your call would make it 990, re-raise, make it at LEAST 600 more to call.

River:

This was the best played part of the hand on your behalf.

Mark
  • Yeah, I'm definitely agreeing that I should have re-raised again on the turn to atleast 900-1200ish.. I seriously have no clue why I played the KQo in such bad position, definitely not a move I usually make, but I tend to get "lazy" with the mental part of the game sometimes. I really need to work on staying consistent....

My bet on the turn was a little less then 1/2 pot, what do you think it should have been? 2/3 pot?