making poker goals

i read the following article the other day about common mistakes in making poker goals.

Five Common Mistakes When Setting Poker Goals | PokerNews
1. Setting goals without a plan how to achieve them.
2. Setting monetary goals.
3. Setting goals to play a certain amount of time/hands.
4. Only setting long term goals.
5. Not setting appropriate goals for yourself.

but then i got to thinking, what are some appropriate goals to set for oneself if these ones are all "bad" goals to set?

i have been posting some hand histories lately and i think that as long as i'm still playing regularly i will try to post at least once a week. we'll see how that works out. i really can't think of any other goals outside of those ones above though. can you?

Comments

• Every year around New Years, someone creates a thread about poker goals for the next year. Would be interesting to go through the thread(s) with these points in mind.

Last few years I've kept saying I'm going to play more, but it's not happening.
  • Every year around New Years, someone creates a thread about poker goals for the next year. Would be interesting to go through the thread(s) with these points in mind.

Last few years I've kept saying I'm going to play more, but it's not happening.

yes, these "mistakes" are most of the poker goals that people make normally. i'm pretty sure that last year i made an effort to not make any goals for the year as i was tired of never achieving them and i knew that my desire to play was waning a bit.
  • I play online because i have a computer and no life LOL my goal is to get a life.
  • So tempting but
    Ok, good point.