zoom: dead man's hand rivers 2 pair

blind vs blind. facing a raise on the river. what's your play here and why?

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 17.52 BB
Hero (SB): 133.64 BB
BB: 78.16 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 75.00, PFR: 75.00, 3Bet Preflop: 100.00, Hands: 4)
MP: 121.36 BB (VPIP: 15.79, PFR: 15.79, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 19)
CO: 133.02 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 3)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond: 6:spade: 3:diamond:
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: (6 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
Hero bets 4.5 BB, BB calls 4.5 BB

River: (15 BB, 2 players) 8:spade:
Hero bets 7 BB, BB raises to 21.16 BB, Hero ?

Comments

• I think this is a fold, the river does more bad than good for you, I think when it goes check/check on the flop then he calls turn, it is either that he has showdown value and wants to go to showdown or is drawing. The 8 completes back door flush draws and some str8s. I like the bet on the river to get value from Ax but we have to fold to a raise.
  • I dont think I can fold. I call hoping to see Ax or 87, and am not surprised when I'm beat sometimes.
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    I dont think I can fold. I call hoping to see Ax or 87, and am not surprised when I'm beat sometimes.

Why would he turn 78 or Ax into a bluff by raising? What does he expect to be called with when he raised that doesn't beat Ax and 87?
  • I guess with Ax I'm thinking they are trying to make up for missed value, more so with A6 A3 etc... but you are probably right on that one.

87 though is crap at this point, i think it's reasonable that 87 could try to bluff out Ax, no? There's also missed diamonds, 45, T9 J9 type stuff, and a small chance that its just a stars blowup. It's 14BB to win 40+, I just think there's enough of a chance we're going to win around 1/3 of the time.

I might just be a calling station.
  • thanks for the comments. i felt like his river raise was very polarizing. it's either a flush or air like a busted straight maybe. zoom and no reads so it was a tough spot. i folded it but this hand was nagging at me.