Negreanu on Twitter

i just read his latest Twitter and he is a real corparate shill now.G there and read his BS.A lot of players are telling him off.He is getting his 6 figure paycheck so he has to do it.

Comments

• You mean a guy who is getting paid 6 figures has to do something to earn that money?

Wow go figure. Shocking.
  • Yeah, i have not read any but his logic is not sound from what ive seen in his forum posts. DNegs opinion is super biased and while hes right these things bring in more recs, the offset changes are terrible. The rake increases are what kill poker economies, that and lack of rec players. Stars has the rec players but it requires both to function properly or the game becomes unbeatable. With the current games like spin and gos and the rake increase its basically a money pit for depositers.
  • moose wrote: »
    You mean a guy who is getting paid 6 figures has to do something to earn that money?

Wow go figure. Shocking.
    Yes it is.Maybe he is reading from a script they prepared for him:o
  • Back in the black friday days he replied to me on twitter making a joke about Howard Lederer.

It was funny
  • Macke wrote: »
    Back in the black friday days he replied to me on twitter making a joke about Howard Lederer.

It was funny
    He is a good stand up comic very entertaining guy>Hr has changed a lot since i knew him.corporate shill now.:D
  • +1. If Negreanu keeps burying his nose up the ass of Amaya's David Baazov and keeps telling us players to buzz off, :p then the poker community should vote him into the Poker Hall of Shame.
    Oh, wait!
    chaimr1924 wrote: »
    i just read his latest Twitter and he is a real corparate shill now.G there and read his BS.A lot of players are telling him off.
  • Daniel knows what side his bread is buttered on. One look at the sponsorship environment is all you need to know as to the motivation behind his posts.

good doggie . . .
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    +1. If Negreanu keeps burying his nose up the ass of David Baazov and keeps telling players to buzz off, then the poker community should vote him into the Poker Hall of Shame.
    Oh, wait!

You guys are almost as crazy as the guys on 2p2. DN is not the poker environment ambassador. He's the Amaya poker ambassador.

ITS HIS JOB to say nice things about Amaya.

If you worked for Apple in a senior marketing role and your friends told you to quit because the prices of Mac books went up would you do it?

Cmon man.
  • Well, Blondefish's point about him antagonizing players being a negative ev proposition for Stars is accurate, but otherwise, yeah . . . He is paid to promote Stars, and thus the sun shines brightly on every decision they make.
  • Big Money talks.Daniel has changed since the big monies came his way he will not give that up.He has sold his soul lets forget about him.I have.>:D
  • chaimr1924 wrote: »
    Big Money talks.Daniel has changed since the big monies came his way he will not give that up.He has sold his soul lets forget about him.I have.>:D

obviously
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    You guys are almost as crazy as the guys on 2p2.
    None of us are crazy for recognizing that Negreanu is prostituting himself by opening his mouth for Baazov's corporate :bs:. Just like Joe Sebok used to have over a million followers until he sold his soul to the devil Absolute Poker and lost everything, Negreanu will lose the respect of the poker community if he keeps saying :bs: such as blaming winning players like you and me "kills games and destroy the poker ecosystem." :bs:
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    None of us are crazy for recognizing that Negreanu is prostituting himself by opening his mouth for Baazov's corporate :bs:. Just like Joe Sebok used to have over a million followers until he sold his soul to the devil Absolute Poker and lost everything, Negreanu will lose the respect of the poker community if he keeps saying :bs: such as blaming winning players like you and me "kills games and destroy the poker ecosystem." :bs:

Winning regs do ruin the poker ecosystem, I'd be interested to hear an argument otherwise.

And we can't reference a company raising it's prices publicly for the purpose of profit margins and compare it to a company that privately steals from its customers.
  • I don't want it to seem like Im supporting Amaya, Im not. I think they believe the Bovada model is the right one, which, as a casual online player, Im indifferent to.

However, I don't think they have done anything unethical, and I don't think DN should be held accountable for doing his job.
  • There are people in life that feel money is more important than integrity. It should not surprise anyone that the pool of poker players would comprise a larger percentage than the norm of those that value the former greater than the latter.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    There are people in life that feel money is more important than integrity. It should not surprise anyone that the pool of poker players would comprise a larger percentage than the norm of those that value the former greater than the latter.
    And that fact has been proven time and time again hasn't it...? Despite what 2+2 posters would have you believe, live and online poker players "generally" are scummier, have less social skills and are definitely not smarter than the general population.
    Not including myself or most of PFC of course..;)
  • Wow. The company raised the rake, in essence, raising the price of their product. All companies try to find the balance of how much they can make.

Amaya is no different. Customers will vote with their wallets, whether they like the product of not. Daniel is a "spokesperson", a paid endorser of the product. What do you expect him to do ?

Did Michael Jordan and Larry Bird come out and say that McDonalds was bad for your kids and that you shouldn't eat there ? Or did they just get paid money to do a commercial for the company ?
  • compuease wrote: »
    And that fact has been proven time and time again hasn't it...? Despite what 2+2 posters would have you believe, live and online poker players "generally" are scummier, have less social skills and are definitely not smarter than the general population.

Glad I stopped playing online. :)
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Glad I stopped playing online. :)

Do notice I said live as well....>:D
    Do notice I said live as well....>:D

Pretty sure I just proved a point or two from your post.

Perhaps, but why is it that my wife invariably has a positive reaction towards the players she meets whenever she accompanies me to a poker game? She has gone to Ching Hill, to a Royal Cup, Johnnie's in New Hamburg, Tammi's in Oakville, and Moose's a couple times. Not once has she met someone and said, "___________ is pretty shady/scummy/choose your epithet.

Hell, she even thought Mark was funny . . .
    Milo wrote: »
    Perhaps, but why is it that my wife invariably has a positive reaction towards the players she meets whenever she accompanies me to a poker game? She has gone to Ching Hill, to a Royal Cup, Johnnie's in New Hamburg, Tammi's in Oakville, and Moose's a couple times. Not once has she met someone and said, "___________ is pretty shady/scummy/choose your epithet.

Notice what I said about PFC tho...
  • Oh, I read your post all right. But I do not think that PFC is some isolated island of civility and cordiality. We have our misanthropes.
  • No, winning regs are an important part of a healthy poker ecosystem. When the greedy underground clubs had too high of a rake that nobody could win, too many players would go on the sheet and never able to pay back or keep playing. The games collapsed because there were no winning regs both to start and keep the games going.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Winning regs do ruin the poker ecosystem, I'd be interested to hear an argument otherwise.
  • Milo wrote: »

Those aren't the poker players we are talking about -- players that make their living from poker.
  • That is not what comp wrote.
  • it was who i was referring to
  • Good for you, I was referring to comp's post.