Poll to decide if we should alter the 1st 2 rounds of the Royal

We have had a number of people suggest changing the format of the Royal so that the first round is all limit, ie 4 people play Limit HE and 4 people play Stud as we do now. Second round would be everyone play PLO in the same format as we do now. I would like the captains to poll their players and perhaps post their thoughts. Those who have never played before or are somewhere other than in southern Ontario will not have votes counted so no ballot stuffing. Would like a clear majority, ie if it ends real close then likely no change.

Comments

• Definitely would like to see the switch occur. Would love to be able to play both Stud and PLO in future Royals. I am ambivalent about LHE, though I do recognize it as a distinct skill.
  • Also, you have a clear majority, lets lock it up
  • Did you poll your other players, please don't assume cuz if we change and I get complaints ima gonna be pissed.>:D
  • Pole my other players? I know that InsaneGuy references are the tag du jour, but really?

Besides, aren't we SUPPOSED to stand by our beliefs in the face of the community at large?
  • Holy crap balls...a limit-free Royal? I might actually come back for that.
  • If you replace those two lamo games with pot limit deuces and Jacks, I'll enter a team.
  • Kristy wrote: »
    Holy crap balls...a limit-free Royal? I might actually come back for that.

So you play Stud? It's not NL Stud you know...
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    If you replace those two lamo games with pot limit deuces and Jacks, I'll enter a team.

tis ok, you're not welcome anyways..
  • GTA vote disqualified... FAILS residence requirement.. ;)
  • I want the heads up to be openface chinese poker
  • Several of my guys asked to play PLO next time, so I view it as a positive change if it happens.

Prophet22
  • Even though Limit Hold 'Em is my favorite game, and it is both more fun and requires more skill* than NLHE, I think giving everyone the chance to play a Limit, PL and NL game throughout the day would be a positive change for the Royal.

*in general, NOT in the Royal tournament structure
  • This would be a welcome change. I think it'll also shorten the day since the two games that take the longest to complete (at least it seems like that to me) would be running at the same time.
  • The non forum members of this royals team nomad all said they that the switch would be good
  • Bump this one more time for input, looks like we'll be switching to this new format.

Al, you don't have any concerns re this changing the scoring negatively do you?
  • Ok RC XVII will implement the first significant format change to date.

Round one will have 4 players on each team play Stud and 4 play LHE. Round two will be all PLO, three will be all NHLE as it is today and round four will be HU NLHE.
  • Now I need to learn Stud. :o
  • TwoThree wrote: »
    Now I need to learn Stud. :o

# of players playing stud doesn't change, 4 play stud (as before) and 4 play Limit, every one plays plo..