Pie

It is Thanksgiving, so . . .

Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie

Comments

• Pecan. Didn't even have to think about it.
  • Pecan. Didn't even have to think about it.

Too bad you're wrong: (
  • Pumpkin pie isn't even a "pie", it's a custard . . .
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Too bad you're wrong: (

Voters are split in this poll. Tho.
  • Not trying to wreck anyones bankroll, but here in the first world the answer is "BOTH!"

Pecan > pumpkin tho, obviously.
  • Pumpkin pie by a nose. Pecan a close second. I'm surprised apple isn't on the list.
  • Apple trumps em both and cherry trumps all.
  • I wish I could make a good pie crust!
  • Pumpkin - 1
    Pecan - 364
  • Ban op for forgetting to check "Make Pole Public" option.
  • Kristy wrote: »
    Ban op for forgetting to check "Make Pole Public" option.

I don't think we have that option. You'll have to find another reason to ban OP.
  • Wtf, are you sure?
  • No, we DO have the option to make public. Proceed with the op-banning.
    Ban op for forgetting to check "Make Pole Public" option.
    I don't think we have that option. You'll have to find another reason to ban OP.
    Kristy wrote: »
    Wtf, are you sure?

I just checked, we do, it was added to our contracts a while ago.. No do we need a poll on whether to enforce it in this case?
  • compuease wrote: »
    I just checked, we do, it was added to our contracts a while ago.. No do we need a poll on whether to enforce it in this case?

Where'd you find that? I checked 'edit poll' and didn't see anything there. Damn hidden option had me giving Kristy piss poor information.
  • Where'd you find that? I checked 'edit poll' and didn't see anything there. Damn hidden option had me giving Kristy piss poor information.

Are you in the habit of signing stuff without getting it checked by your legal team?
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Apple trumps em both and cherry trumps all.

Blueberry, tho . . .
  • compuease wrote: »
    Are you in the habit of signing stuff without getting it checked by your legal team?

How do you think I became a filthy low life painter?
  • No "low-life" would ever vote Pecan over Pumpkin . . . it just never happens.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Blueberry, tho . . .

Carddead mentioned apple, cherry and now you've mentioned blueberry... I've experienced distaste when I read all those pie types. I'm given to believe that perhaps I just don't like fruit based pies! This thread has afforded me to learn something about myself I never considered before.

Can't ban OP now.
  • Well, truth be told my favourite always used to be cherry. After a family vacation in my childhood where I was allowed to select my dessert every time, I finally got over that quirk. apple always seemed so "common", but a nice blueberry pie was heaven, warm from the oven with real vanilla ice cream melting on the side. Delicious.

It was not until later I discovered Pecan pie. My heart was won instantly by this glorious baked gem. Golden crust with caramelized sugar at the fringes. The less educated would say it is nothing but a butter tart on steroids, but oh how wrong they would be.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Apple trumps em both and cherry trumps all.

This!
    Well, truth be told my favourite always used to be cherry. After a family vacation in my childhood where I was allowed to select my dessert every time, I finally got over that quirk. apple always seemed so "common", but a nice blueberry pie was heaven, warm from the oven with real vanilla ice cream melting on the side. Delicious.

It was not until later I discovered Pecan pie. My heart was won instantly by this glorious baked gem. Golden crust with caramelized sugar at the fringes. The less educated would say it is nothing but a butter tart on steroids, but oh how wrong they would be.

It's a butter tart, but larger and not as good
  • Any of these flavours in cheesecake, ainec.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    This!

So, the apostates finally decided to chime in? Lovely . . . :D
    Kristy wrote: »
    Any of these flavours in cheesecake, ainec.

Good Lord . . . can you not read? This is about PIE

Cake is a whole other subject . . . but cheesecake is just awful. Well, unless you're a girl.
  • Pumpkin Pie IS Thanksgiving.

Pecan is more Xmas.

Pumpkin is more Canadian than the southern US's pecans.

Pumpkin harvest is right around Canadian Thanksgiving. US Thanksgiving would be more up Pecan's alley.

Since you posted in early October regarding Pie at Thanksgiving the answer is Pumpkin.

And any cheesecake kicks any pies ass 24/7/365.
  • The best type of pie is the one that's in season where you live.

The best pie is the home made one fresh from the oven, just slightly cooled still warm.

Pie is best freshly made!
    Good Lord . . . can you not read? This is about PIE

Cake is a whole other subject . . . but cheesecake is just awful. Well, unless you're a girl.

I get the feeling that you and your wife are lousy cooks. Only pie. Only generic types.

You're probably those people who serve cranberry sauce in the shape of a can, and buy box stuffing.
    I get the feeling that you and your wife are lousy cooks. Only pie. Only generic types.

You're probably those people who serve cranberry sauce in the shape of a can, and buy box stuffing.

Actually, the bolded refers to the subset known as "baking" which is hilarious if you knew my actual surname. While I do not bake, I am a fairly decent cook. Cornish hens with walnut stuffing and a mustard glaze is a specialty, as is maple glazed salmon on the grill or plank. Wife is FAR more creative in the kitchen than I. She would DEFINITELY whip up some stuff to knock your socks off, but does not do so on a regular basis as I am fairly pedestrian in my tastes. she makes great butter tarts and date squares, though . . .

Cranberry sauce from a can? It is a little known fact that the beginning of the Inquisition can be traced back to a harvest banquet where the local Bishop was served cranberry sauce from a can.

Box stuffing is okay as a base, you just need to jazz it up a little. Walnuts or pecans, diced apples, sausage, all manner of goodies. Then you cover the turkey in bacon slices so that it self bastes. Best thing is eating the bacon afterwards.