Spin N Goes on Stars?

13»

Comments

• The Spin & Go Debate: PokerStars Responds
    The game has its proponents and its many critics, and the debate is fierce.
    While Startles, chaimr1924 & I don't like this poker mutation from FTP, pkrfce9, trigs, etc. can't stop playing them. FU PokerStars!
  • You'd have to be Spanish to not like them
  • Daniel N knows what side his bread is buttered on or not.
  • Not the Spanish side. No butter there
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The Spin & Go Debate: PokerStars Responds

While Startles, chaimr1924 & I don't like this poker mutation from FTP, pkrfce9, trigs, etc. can't stop playing them. FU PokerStars!

I played a handful of them. Maybe 50ish. I'm already back to playing zoom during the week mostly.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The Spin & Go Debate: PokerStars Responds

I should clarify, if any signficant amount of the player population enjoys the games or wants them, then they definitely should be offered. I think though that there are other variations of games the players would create too if they could define their own.

And there is no doubt a sort of matrix that shows the value of the entire range of possible games in relation to the overall environment they reside in and create. I suspect we haven't collectively (sites and players) looked at this range to decide what would be the best setup. And so I think there is the possibility that the sites don't even set things up for their best benefit.

That is the basis for the extrapolation of what becomes ideal poker nonetheless.
  • Played this in stead of heads up and loved them. Hit a 3.00 game for a 75.00 win. Highly addicative. Usually found myself on tilt when the 6.00 showed up.

Prophet22
  • I didn't like them at first, but last night I was up about $45 on the $1 spins. I hit a $25 pot and won it. I was hitting just as many $6 and $4 pots as the $2 pots, and winning.
    There is some real bad players that play the $1 spins. All in, All in, All in. lol.
  • Usually found myself on tilt when the 6.00 showed up.

Prophet22

I agree 100%
  • I'm pretty sure long term, you need to run super hot as in hitting those 5/100,000 per 10k games lets say, and win the match, to be a long term consistant winner at these games. I think the 2/3rd payout is just too low and too much taken to the 0.01% chance games to ever profitably win at these over say a year of grinding.

Sure you could win or a month or maybe 2, but if you dont run hot like the sun and win zero major spins the risk of ruin from hitting a 300-500BI downswing is totally possible.

There are extensive tests done on 2+2 that basically say this is possible even for a positive ROI player. You could have one guy playing 100,000 spin and gos and win up $25,000 then have another guy win the same number of games but end up losing -$15,000 for 100,000 games.

Its pretty sick and not something you could consistantly do, even with a huge bankroll that could handle -300 buyin swings... you could technically still lose at the end of the year if you fail to hit enough majors or hit a majors and fail to win enough of the major matches.
  • How hot is super hot?
  • imagine the hottest female celebrity you know, then imagine your odds to get in bed with her. that kind of super hot.
  • it just feels imo like 99% of players that would grind this for a year would be net losers in the end, compounded by the rake and the absolute randomness of the prize pool and of course the 1/3 going most of the time to a lottery.
  • So no answer?
  • Combining those posts, it sounds like you've got a 1% chance to picking up the hottest celeb you can imagine. I'd happily play with those odds
  • At least I've seen her naked
  • oh no poker crack...spinspinspin i can win a million

Untitled_zps6a0211df.png
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Rousey tho

nah ultimate fighter tho
  • well that was a fun way to lose $150...spinspinspin
  • lol what if no one hits the million? where does all that excess money go. (As this $5/Mil promo ends in dec) i mean 3/10,000,000 is pretty tough to hit.
  • I was wondering why I never got a $million spin...I guess I should have read the fine print.