"Smaller Stakes" Sunday

New weekly sunday tournament starting Sunday 16th January

$60 Buy in
$30 Rebuys (unlimited for the first hour)
$30 Add-on

Players start with 2000 in tournament chips, Rebuys get you another 2000 and the Add-on gets you 4000 in tournament chips.

This tournament will be held in Markham at the Training Room (Same location for the bi-weekly $10,000 guaranteed tournament).

Email me for location and any other info.

Last 3 weeks have attrated 88 players each week and 1st prize was in the region of $5,000

Comments

• Hey Guys

This tournament is still going strong with a regular crowd of over 70 players every week. Last week we had 72 players and the first prize was $5,200.

Hope to see some you guys there.

Azim
  • How far are you from Hamilton?
    What time does it start? How long does it usually last?
  • I have been to one of these. It was extremely well run, and thats why i plan on going to this sundays tournament. WPTgirl, i definately suggest going, you wont be the only girl attending, there were a few the last time i went. they serve food too, so thats a plus.

cant wait till sunday,
    johnny
  • The games are very well run.............

The training room has something for everyone, and AzimK knows his shit..........

I definately recommend anyone go check any one of their tourneys out and get in the action...........

Even from Hamilton.............(40 minutes away.no brainer)

RiverRatJosh
  • These are some of the best tournies that I have ever played, including the mid-limit ($100-$200) ones in Vegas. You get tons of chips and lots of play for your money (assuming you rebuy immediately you start with 4000 chips with 25 50 blinds). The fields tend to have many weak players from the 2 Sunday games that I've played.
    All disputes are handled professionaly by Azim. If you are in the Toronto area you have to play these tournies.
    Like Azim said, first last Sunday was 5.7k, which is a great overlay for a $90-$200 investment. I managed to place 4th and still won $700.
    They are also having tournies starting on Saturdays now, same structure but $40 plus rebuys -- I think they have been getting 30-40 players for that event and I'm sure it will also grow as word spreads.
    There were 5 or more female players, including one at the final table.
  • 88 Players last sunday and we had to turn people away because we were full. $5,700 to the winner.

If you are planning to come, please come early to avoid dissapointment in the event of a sell out.

Thanks
  • Hi. Is anyone from the KW area going to this tourney this weekend and willing to carpool?
    I'm from the Markham area but I have no way of transportation back there.
    Please email me and let me know asap.
    Thanks!

Dom
  • Greek Easter lost us a few players this week but we still managed 72

$4850 to the winner

See you next week.
  • Azim call me when you get a chance I have a quick Question for you of little importance, but a question none the less.

Anyone else out here take notice of Azim's next biggie this thursday..........

Poker glory in the GTA starts at one of his tables.

The tourneys are growing so nicely that should you win one..............you will be known. Pick a "Nick name" you will have arrived!! And aside from cash, isn't a little recognition what we are looking for from this great game we exploit..............

See ya all there

RiverRatJosh
  • dont mean to bump an old post but do these smaller stake games still run at the training room?
  • yup

Starts at 2 but really closer to 4.
  • thanks for the reply, been trying to get in contact with azim but to no avail, i guess he's busy, is there any other tourneys being run during the week, as well I was wondering where I could get specific diretions, thanks
  • Azim is no longer affiliated with training room...likely why he isnt responding regarding their tournies
  • A few of us KW guys are wanting to make the trek to Markham to play in this game. Anyone know how we can get into it. I guess Azim is on hiatus. Info appreciated.

stp
  • I could give you directions.....but I am not sure about signing up for the event!!
  • stpboy wrote:
    A few of us KW guys are wanting to make the trek to Markham to play in this game.  Anyone know how we can get into it.  I guess Azim is on hiatus.  Info appreciated.

stp

Hey Shanny, I forwarded an email I received from Azim about a month ago. No need to pre-register. We can just sign up there.
    So excited that we finally get to go...

Dom
  • I'd love to get some info on these events... I've been fairly successfull online (play money only atm, due to lack of funds on the credit card) and would love to take some real live people's money :D

If anyone can forward some info to me i'd really appreciate it :)

nickvd@gmail.com