does new UK gambling act affect us?

read the following today but i'm not sure if it's only for UK players or for everyone on pokerstars.
There is both good and bad news to be heard. On the upside, there will be no fencing off from the .com player pool, so players can still compete globally, and there also won’t be any additional rake charges.

However, PokerStars will be removing the “auto rebuy” feature for both cash games and tournaments, which will no doubt irritate cash game regulars in particular, and there’s also bad news for Supernova Elite grinders, as VIP rewards are set to be slashed to help PokerStars compensate for having to pay 15% gross tax on profits from UK players.

Comments

• It won't be effecting us, it will be good for Euro players playing on other sites though since a lot of the UK players won't be able to join them.

If anything it will be good becuase of a lot of players making money on the softer EUR sites and breaking even on stars since it's tougher (in mtts atleast) they might quit after awhile and go and find jobs.
  • There is both good and bad news to be heard. On the upside, there will be no fencing off from the .com player pool, so players can still compete globally, and there also won’t be any additional rake charges.

However, PokerStars will be removing the “auto rebuy” feature for both cash games and tournaments, which will no doubt irritate cash game regulars in particular, and there’s also bad news for Supernova Elite grinders, as VIP rewards are set to be slashed to help PokerStars compensate for having to pay 15% gross tax on profits from UK players.
    This is the kind of bad math the players could stand to collectively discuss I think. Also, things like removing "auto rebuy" are quite easy to show that they "effectively" increase rake. The "sell" is that its better for the recreational players, but if you apply REAL economics to the situation it clearly shows that sites profit more while sucking the life from the game.

Maybe I'm missing something...?

I am an advocate though for cutting rake-back, but I think that there should be assurance that at least SOME significant amount of it stays within the game.

In an over-raked game, rec players do in fact notice. It shows up as "bad beats", and I really think a low or no raked game has a lot less bad beats than the average player is used to.