Options

stupid email question

I checked one of my email accts, and actually peered in the junk mail folder

what does it mean if u see an email sent to you from yourself for something unrelated?

The sender was my email adress and its some pharmacy bullshit

have i been hacked? ???

Comments

• Either that, or you are bored trolling everyone else and have started in on yourself.
  • More than likely your account has been compromised, especially if it's Hotmail..

Make sure you change your email password to something of a little complexity. Do you use an email program, ie Outlook, Windows mail, Thunderbird, etc) or do you use a webmail interface?
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    and its some pharmacy bullshit
    Enlargement products? Has it got out? :D
  • compuease wrote: »
    More than likely your account has been compromised, especially if it's Hotmail..

Make sure you change your email password to something of a little complexity. Do you use an email program, ie Outlook, Windows mail, Thunderbird, etc) or do you use a webmail interface?

This one is indeed with outlook. I just changed my password, so I hope that it is ok and not "too" compromised

kind of chilling to think that some idiot might have access to my emails, but this is 2014 and the government does, so why shouldnt someone else

thanks, comp.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Enlargement products? Has it got out? :D

i need shrinker pills, not growers :-\

what does it mean if u see an email sent to you from yourself for something unrelated?

what would be related? would it involve a couch?
    i need shrinker pills, not growers :-\

I google-imaged "thread is useless without pics" and found this...

I'm confident I made the right decision.

groundhog1.jpg