Hate the Bilingual Canadian Keyboard!

I can't stand the laptops that have Bilingual keyboards!!

Any advice on changing them?

Comments

• why would you buy a bilingual one? Likely $40-50 for a new keyboard depending on make/model.. Can you change it yourself?
  • Try

Control Panel
    Region & Laguages
    Keyboard and Language Tab

Then click change keyboards

You should be able to remove it then
  • external keyboard?
  • compuease wrote: »
    why would you buy a bilingual one? Likely $40-50 for a new keyboard depending on make/model.. Can you change it yourself?

I think his issue is it sometimes changes to French on him
  • I believe he has the dual language keyboard, a lot of them get dumped at bestbuy/futureshop
  • I hate laptops that come with Bilingual keyboards. I'd never buy a discreet bilingual keyboard. It's too much hassle to change them in a laptop. Or is it?
  • comp can do it
  • I hate laptops that come with Bilingual keyboards. I'd never buy a discreet bilingual keyboard. It's too much hassle to change them in a laptop. Or is it?

Make/model?
  • Any advice on changing them?

1. Open laptop over table
    2. Slam down with the hand of Reefist God
    3. changed into super fun pile of letter and symbol blocks

Voila, mon ami!
  • To be honest it's quite easy. I've had to change the keyboard on my last hp laptop and two gateway netbooks from that idiotic bilingual keyboard with the small shift key small enter key etc.
    Bought the U.S. keyboards off ebay....one from Quebec and I think a couple from Hong Kong actually. They all were top quality. A web search will provide simple instructions on how to replace the keyboard on whatever model laptop...usually just a screw or two and a few clips unplug the ribbon connector and pull the old one off and put the new one in. Seriously, don't suffer....that small shift key on the left will drive you batty.
  • is it windows 8? its an easy fix, just look for the keyboard icon on the bottom right. just click on it and changeit to standard us keyboard.

If you keep losing the question mark, etc.
  • racist thread title imo
  • No.
    Let's eat Grandpa.
  • JimmyHo wrote: »
    is it windows 8? its an easy fix, just look for the keyboard icon on the bottom right. just click on it and changeit to standard us keyboard.

If you keep losing the question mark, etc.

The bilingual keyboard is an actual physically different keyboard. Left shift key is half the size to make room for some silly accent and the enter key is smaller....with other differences I can't remember. The left shift key alone is retarded as it was divided into two keys and most people normally use the right side of the tabbed size shift key....but doing that you hit the other key. I hate the french. There....I said it.