Celeb nudes hack

Thoughts? I have not sought them out, but am curious as to the obsession to see them. Over in OT on Pocketfives they generated a bajillion pages of comments and links in about 30 minutes of the news breaking about this.

I grant you that Ms. Upton is a very attractive woman, as is Ms. Lawrence. But what is the obsession with seeing their boobies, etc.? Is it just because of the "forbidden fruit" angle? Is it their celebrity? Am I too old and crotchety on a Monday morning?

The counter is this . . . why would any woman, particularly in our celebrity obsessed world, take pictures like this with any sort of device that links, or can be linked, to social media or the internet? Unless, of course, you are "hoping" for a breach so that they get released, but you cen maintain a virtuous position regarding it.

I just find the entire thing to be funny, silly, and downright stupid, all at the same time.

Comments

• You mean there are naked people on the internet?

#doingitwrong
  • Is this really....

A thread asking why people want to see celebrities - people who's job it is to be attractive - naked?

Mark
  • Yeah . . . there are plenty of attractive nude photos all over the web. Most of them are probably saved to Mark's hard drive. The point is, why the insane "kid at Christmas time" attitude, simply because some more got dumped en masse yesterday?

After a while, boobs are just boobs.
  • Average age on P5 < PFC.
  • But I am more interested in why ANY celebrity would still bother to take these kinds of pictures, knowing that it is an eventual certainty that they will be found and published.

For all the blushes and protests about invasion of privacy (and it IS an invasion) the easiest means of avoiding the issue is to not take any, no?

We don't blame the kid whose bike was stolen because he left it unlocked on his driveway, but we sure as hell tell him what a dumbass he ws.
  • Any exposure is exposure?
  • Average age on P5 < PFC.

Because of the Rocks?
  • No . . . I'm 50 in a couple weeks, and I hear the jokes there that you get here. Very few older posters in OT over there.
  • lol nice thread milo

i saw this happen last night

i have been longing to see kate uptons fun bags for many year,s and after many years of praying to god, it was answered
  • I must be getting old, because I'm not even going to bother making the extreme effort required to use my mouse to get to P5 to see this.
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    lol nice thread milo

i saw this happen last night

i have been longing to see kate uptons fun bags for many year,s and after many years of praying to god, it was answered

Haven't you been keeping up? There is no God . . . check out the other thread.
  • I wonder how many of these "leaked" photo's carry a virus payload?
  • can ship the link to the entire leak if u want

PM me for it
  • tis only the kids who can't get any that care about this.. and +1 to the virus and malware attached to the links.. confirmed..
  • For those who don't want to click on malware infested links (and do care about this):

Nude photos of many A-list celebrities leaked online after apparent hacking | Entertainment & Showbiz from CTV News

Quit posting safe links....:mad: How's a pc guy supposed to make any money around here?
  • +69. Malware-free pics or GTFO. :p
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Links pls
  • hahah apparently the feds are monitoring this closely and are threatening to lay charges, better off not sharing anything just to be safe

although, at last look, something like 30M people looked at the 1 link I had earlier on a secure site (tumblr), so that's alot of paperwork lol

look with caution gents :)
  • brb more nudes are being released :o

2590649-byo6sc9.gif
  • It's about time for my annual post.

Anyone at all should feel pretty creepy to be looking at pictures of someone else naked when those pictures were their private property, and you have been given no consent to see them.

Whether or not it's a wise move to take naked pictures of yourself and store them on your phone is completely irrelevant.

If it happened to someone you cared about you'd call it a sex offence. If it happens to a celebrity it's a curiosity?

Sorry to harsh your mellow.
  • dinobot wrote: »
    It's about time for my annual post.

Welcome back.

Anyone at all should feel pretty creepy to be looking at pictures of someone else naked when those pictures were their private property, and you have been given no consent to see them.

Do you look away when there is a car crash? We are naturally voyeuristic. Not that I think that is a positive thing . . . it just is what it is.

Whether or not it's a wise move to take naked pictures of yourself and store them on your phone is completely irrelevant.

Disagree . . . how they are STORED is relevant. it is not difficult to secure pics like this from distribution. In some cases these hacks have been a boon to the "victim's career. Think Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, etc.

If it happened to someone you cared about you'd call it a sex offence. If it happens to a celebrity it's a curiosity?

If it happens to a minor it is a sex offence. If it happens to an adult, it is, in all likelihood, a misdemeanour.

Sorry to harsh your mellow.

Doesn't bother/effect me one way or the other.
  • One thing I would like to know. My phone is an android device. Does this mean that the pics stored on my phone are also "in the cloud", or do I need to move them there myself?
  • Anyone dumb enough to have nudes on iCloud or even on thier phone for that matter deserves whatever happens next.

We have all flushed our privacy rights down the toilette for free stuff... welcome to the new world. I did try to warn everyone along the way.
  • Thanks anyway

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • Milo wrote: »
    One thing I would like to know. My phone is an android device. Does this mean that the pics stored on my phone are also "in the cloud", or do I need to move them there myself?

They are if you have that turned on in Google+. I find it convenient because my photos are auto backed up which is something I never do and they are instantly accessible across all my android devices so it matters not which device I took the picture on. Sometimes I would prefer certain pictures not be backed up like temp screenshots etc but having the pictures I do want backed up for me outweighs the negatives.

Your emails are already on the cloud. Something I have tried to explain to my father soooo many times. He still doesn't get it even after I log into his account on my tablet and access the emails he has 'on his computer'. So anything you wouldn't put in an email shouldn't be on your phone and stored 'in the cloud'.
  • In other words Milo, please, for the sake of all of us, be careful with your nudes so we don't have to see them :D
  • I like the part...

Where Milo was all "Oh man, you can control how and where they are stored, so it is relevant to if this was an invasion of property / privacy"

One post later...

"Hey guys, how do I know if these personal pics of mine are saving to the cloud or not?"

Wow.

Mark