GBH Turbo Tuesday BAP

I will be playing the $80 Tuesday night turbo on August 5th. It's a 40 person field with the top 5 being paid. I am selling up to 50% for even value.

As for my poker results, You can check me out on OPR or view some of the other threads I have posted about my poker trips. I won a similar style tournament earlier this year for around $400.

10%-$8
20%-$16

T8 gets a 2% freeroll for helping me with the partypoker transfer.

Ship to Colin408 on stars.

Comments

• Change of plans.... No longer playing this tourney.
  • Hey I decided I will be playing this! BAP will be open until 5pm. 40% left.

Colin408 on stars
  • 20%, will ship when I get home tonight
  • 20% - send emt deets
  • Thanks guys! Hopefully I can make us a few bucks!
  • Lol walked in and signed up for my players card(Must have one to buy a seat) and They gave me $15 dollars free table play that I had to use today... I decided I would sit down at the roulette table with my free $15! Three spins later I cashed out $210 dollars!! Lol off to a good start!
  • shipped on stars
  • Busto 8th out of 40. Sorry guys.
  • Nice try Colin, you were so close to the money too. How was the competition? Were there a lot of bad players playing? Are you planning on going back? If so, then I want in on the action if you do another BAP.
  • The competition was average, a few good players and a few really bad players. I plan on going back as soon as I can..

With that being said, I have some major problems with how it was run. The table I was at ran 7 handed for like 40 minutes while the other tables had 9 & 10, this happend twice in the first 3-4 hours. Which makes a huge difference in a turbo...

I started off the tourney really well, and had the chip lead for the first 45 mins. I was comfortable and wasn't scared of playing any of the people that sat at my tables. Had it been a regular tournament instead of a turbo I think I would have been ITM easily, but as we got closer to the money with blinds of 2000/4000/400 I had a streak of about 12 hands without even seeing a face card. This continued as it went up to 3k/6k/500 and I wasn't able to pick up any decent cards to double up with.... Basically the whole final table was just a shove fest with no flop play at all. I stayed and watched after I was eliminated and only seen 2 flops from then until the tourney finished. But I can't complain because it is a turbo and that's usually how they are played.
  • any time u are live, regardless of a turbo or not, you WANT to be short handed, more hands and more chance to start accumulating

gg tho. nice roulette bink! love hearing shit like that :)
  • I prefer to have a full table, as I don't want the blinds coming around twice as fast as the other tables. It's the opposite of what I want in a turbo.

People have there different likes/dislikes, and playing twice as many blinds as the other tables isn't mine. Yes I know you got got to open up, and play more aggressive but It doesn't always work.

& Thanks, I thought it was pretty funny!
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    any time u are live, regardless of a turbo or not, you WANT to be short handed,
    wtf, you WANT to be short handed? Give me a big stack any day, tournament or cash..
  • compuease wrote: »
    wtf, you WANT to be short handed? Give me a big stack any day, tournament or cash..

hell yeah i do, give me more hands to steam roll villians

in a turbo, I want as many hands as possible to push edge on weaker live players.
  • Preference or not on short handed play, the tables should be kept as balanced as possible.
  • how long were the levels colin?
  • They were 15 minutes!
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    hell yeah i do, give me more hands to steam roll villians

in a turbo, I want as many hands as possible to push edge on weaker live players.

Being big stacked should just add to your advantage for those who are good live players.. And why do you get more hands if you are short stacked? Also what do you consider short stacked for live play? Just wondering how much live you have played.
    Being big stacked should just add to your advantage for those who are good live players.. And why do you get more hands if you are short stacked? Also what do you consider short stacked for live play? Just wondering how much live you have played.

its simple math that with less people at the table, the more hands you get to play. 1 or 2 less people to act, etc

with 15 minute blinds in a turbo structure, being "deeper" or "big stacked" has merit for only a short SHORT amount of time and only applies in opening levels, until which point everyone is less than say 20bb effective, which is what I consider being "short"

with 15 minutes, you are lucky to make a full orbit at a full ring table.. id rather see as many deals as possible to hopefully get deep enough that I can start crushing shorties when they wither away to 8bb and are shoving alot wider
  • Ok, I agree on short handed play you get more hands in but I prefer short handed AND big stacked if I have a choice.. Personal preference I guess.
    Ok, I agree on short handed play you get more hands in but I prefer short handed AND big stacked if I have a choice.. Personal preference I guess.

short handed and big stacked is good poker! and my preference as well :laugh:

in this particular case though, with such quick blinds, you are better off seeing as many as possible. id rather that, then be literally blinding out at a full ring live table :-\
  • The GBH TDs such as Jeff and Jenn are the opposite of the Fallsview TD/CSM in terms of both knowledge of TDA Rules and customer service. Since it was a turbo, it is at the TD's discretion, but you can show the rule to request tight balancing.

D: In full-table events, play will halt on a table 3 or more players short of the table with the most players. Play will halt on other game formats (ex:
    6-handed and turbos) at TDs [sic] discretion. Not halting play is not a cause for a misdeal and TDs may elect not to halt play at their discretion. As the event progresses, when manageable & appropriate for the type of game, at TD’s discretion tables will be more tightly balanced.

Colin408 wrote: »
    With that being said, I have some major problems with how it was run. The table I was at ran 7 handed for like 40 minutes while the other tables had 9 & 10, this happend twice in the first 3-4 hours. Which makes a huge difference in a turbo...
  • If I am thinking who Jenn is correctly. She is horrible.