Brantford $550

Comments

• Thx guys it feels good to take down my first 5 fig score that's for sure. I knew I shouldn't have swapped a five piece w that donk wetts lol.
  • Nice work Reibs. !!!!! Do you know if Sterling made the final table ??

Don't know this person I don't think.
  • Well done man, congrats!
  • Vamooooo Reebzyyy fff.

Really tilted I missed this till t8 scooped all. :(

But I'm so happy for u bruh, this bink goes to one of the best guys I know! Literally.

(Sun)
  • Little trip report for fun:

So first of all, I am not a live type of guy. I dislike most of the things you need to sit thru for hours to be successful, like the pace of play, the dealers/pit making dumb decisions, the other players' attitudes in general, etc. So this was easily the biggest buyin I've played. Played two bcc tourneys before, not making the $ in either.

Got there and saw daryl and greg in line, so said hello and gl. Never got to meet folded, but I saw who he is anyways, as all three were at the same table. I got an amazing table draw (though maybe std for Brantford) with a good mix of whales and old men. Despite my table draw, I got it in bad pretty early. AQo vs AK on a AA94dd board and hit the lady on the river. Think that got me up over 40k. Hovered there for a bit before getting in AK vs AQ vs K8s. the K8s was called off by villain after two allins ahead of him, and he had like 15 bigs. LOL! obv hit his 8 though so what do I know.

From there on, it is a bit of a fog. I ran it up to 110k or so, then the same old guy who I laid the beat on earlier, doubled me up KK vs AJ for a fucking mountain of chips. Maybe 350-400k at this point?

Led the FT basically right thru from start to finish. Pretty uneventful FT. Think I took out 3 or 4 of the players? When we got three handed, I offered the chick who was short, to take 3rd place $ plus $500 from each of us, and we would chop the rest. She wanted $1k from each of us, and it was a snap decision to keep playing by the old shark to my right. I was a bit put off by this chick who was basically asking for 2nd place money now with a short stack. Std for BCC I suppose. Anyways, I attacked her after that pretty good and she was out in ten mins. :)

The same damn old guy from the first hand was the one who I chopped with. He was pretty good and I remembered his pic from a tourney that he won a few weeks back. He was pretty relentless and very hard to get to fold. That combined with the depths of stacks, it was an easy decision to chop at 330am. After the chop, to determine winner, we cut the deck.... I need lessons on cutting the deck. :(

Anyone looking to build a roll simply cannot deny the skill level in these is horrific. I might just need to invest in some good ear buds to drown out all the idiots and make real good $$. To give you an example, we had one ten way limped pot, many 4 or 5 ways to the flop, etc. Guys overbetting constantly. like huuuuuuge over bets, I dunno if they just don't get it, or they misread the pot size, or what it is....

Thanks for investing even though I had limited live experience. I really do appreciate it fellas.

Going to the bank shortly and will post payouts next.
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    Vamooooo Reebzyyy fff.

Really tilted I missed this till t8 scooped all. :(

But I'm so happy for u bruh, this bink goes to one of the best guys I know! Literally.

(Sun)

brings a lil tear to my eye. thanks buddy! >:D
  • reibs wrote: »
    I might just need to invest in some good ear buds to drown out all the idiots and make real good $$.

No electronic devices at BCC. :(
  • Thats a boom pickles!!!
  • nh sir!
  • So the cashout was $11,800 even, however we all kicked in $50 for the bubble boy, so that makes it $11,750. Each 5% block is worth $587.50

Hobbes - 5% paid - $587.50 -> paid
    rwpkrplr - 10% paid - $1175.00 -> paid
    Wolff - 5% paid - $587.50 -> paid
    Pinhead - 5% paid - $587.50 -> paid
    Milo - 5% paid - $587.50 -> paid
    T8 - 20% paid - $2350.00 -> paid
    wetts - 5% swap - $587.50 -> paid

pls pm EMT details and I will send it on its way :mad:

Just realized there is a $2k per 24hrs limit on EMTs ... T8 won again. will get a few of you tomorrow I guess.
  • Of course T8 wins. :D
  • Congrats to you and your backers on the huge score. Nice to see a bap go so well!

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
    So the cashout was $11,800 even, however we all kicked in $50 for the bubble boy, so that makes it $11,750. Each 5% block is worth $587.50

Hobbes - 5% paid - $587.50
    rwpkrplr - 10% paid - $1175.00
    Wolff - 5% paid - $587.50
    Pinhead - 5% paid - $587.50
    Milo - 5% paid - $587.50
    T8 - 20% paid - $2350.00 - $2k sent
    wetts - 5% swap - $587.50

pls pm EMT details and I will send it on its way :mad:

Just realized there is a $2k per 24hrs limit on EMTs ... T8 won again. will get a few of you tomorrow I guess.

Take care of everyone else first, I can wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chopped hu for $11.8k. Going to deposit funds tomorrow and then I'm sure will take a day or two to go thru

Well played sir . . . gallstone attack kept me from paying too close attention, but knew you were going to score. did not expect this, though . . .

:o:D:)
    Led the FT basically right thru from start to finish. Pretty uneventful FT. Think I took out 3 or 4 of the players? When we got three handed, I offered the chick who was short, to take 3rd place $ plus $500 from each of us, and we would chop the rest. She wanted $1k from each of us, and it was a snap decision to keep playing by the old shark to my right. I was a bit put off by this chick who was basically asking for 2nd place money now with a short stack. Std for BCC I suppose. Anyways, I attacked her after that pretty good and she was out in ten mins. :)

Was this an older asian lady dressed like Hello Kitty or a younger Spanish girl with sunglasses on?
    Little trip report for fun:

Hovered there for a bit before getting in AK vs AQ vs K8s. the K8s was called off by villain after two allins ahead of him, and he had like 15 bigs. LOL! obv hit his 8 though so what do I know.

HAPPY LIVES !!!

Great TR
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Was this an older asian lady dressed like Hello Kitty or a younger Spanish girl with sunglasses on?

No grumpy middle aged woman from Toronto. The chick w glasses busted somewhere final two tables. Not sure about hello kitty
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Seems like it's a record forum turnout for a Brantford tourney. Septimo is one of the proof that it's possible to make a living playing the tourneys in the GTA + online. Any member ITM besides reibs?

Figured out who this guy is, and he made FT also I believe. He def came and sat on my left at the table that was the FT eventually, just can't recall where he finished. Maybe 7th-8th?? Seemed like a solid player.
  • In before comments next 550 are "I thought this tourney was supposed to be soft, who killed the whales". LOL

Personally anywhere that doesn't spread NL consistently but puts in NL tournaments is an open land mine and if you can navigate them you are for sure +ev.

Many of the "good pros" don't find value in them, not because they can't be beat but your win rate is higher online most times and the convenience factor of not leaving your house trumps a drive and 10 hour live grind
  • In before comments next 550 are "I thought this tourney was supposed to be soft, who killed the whales". LOL

Personally anywhere that doesn't spread NL consistently but puts in NL tournaments is an open land mine and if you can navigate them you are for sure +ev.

Many of the "good pros" don't find value in them, not because they can't be beat but your win rate is higher online most times and the convenience factor of not leaving your house trumps a drive and 10 hour live grind

I dunno, I am prob gunna sound pretty results oriented here but I kinda beg to differ. I think your ROI is going to be much higher live than it is online in the long term. Maybe I am wrong though.

But yeah the convenience factor and live 16 hr grind are def big factors. Live play gets painful after a few hrs.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Of course T8 wins. :D

haha, sorry, I would have suggested to pay everyone else first...I thought it was a per transaction thing
  • I will get a bunch of ppl paid tonite when I get home from work. Prob hold the remainder of your $ till everyone else is paid though if that's cool?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »

I took 90% of hello kitys chips and she was out a few hands later. middle aged asain lady with boobs pushed up and a somewhat see thru top and blond hair. I think blondfish used to call her dragon lady when she was playing at fallsview.

That young spanish chick was very attractive. WOW WEEEE
  • paid a couple. more tomorrow. FYI I tried to send to a fourth person, but it indeed gave me the error of $2k max. So it is not just per transaction. It is total :(
  • Received . . . with thanks. Let me know when the next BAP is.
  • Received. Thanks again for the BAP.
    paid a couple. more tomorrow. FYI I tried to send to a fourth person, but it indeed gave me the error of $2k max. So it is not just per transaction. It is total :(

Meh, baller problems
  • I know who "Hello Kitty" is but the "Dragon Lady" was a different lady who showed up one day during the WPT Satellite Wars, and burnt up all the satellite kings that day :-[ in winning every single Step.

Speaking of Toronto Pimp's obsession, "The Next Xuan Lius" of the GTA followed my advice to take a shot at the other poker hotbed of Canada, Calgary, for the CPT Summer Showdown. One of them won the National Ladies Championship and will be featured in a magazine. :cool:
    I took 90% of hello kitys chips and she was out a few hands later. middle aged asain lady with boobs pushed up and a somewhat see thru top and blond hair. I think blondfish used to call her dragon lady when she was playing at fallsview.

That young spanish chick was very attractive. WOW WEEEE