Sunglasses

So very soon I plan to be going in for eye surgery to fix my terrible eye sight and to be rid of my glasses and I figure one of the first things to do after that is complete is to get some sunglasses! Haven't had a pair in a long time as mine would be pretty expensive with my prescription and I also have some transitions lenses right now that are ok.

This being a poker forum I'm sure a number of you do wear some shades so why not ask here? What style you like? Do you have an expensive pair or some $10 dollar pair from the mall? Do you play poker in them?

Me personally i've also like the Ray Ban aviator's.. and I just saw top gun again so I want a pair even more now <_>

Comments

• only the biggest of douchebags wear sunglasses playing live

430.gif
  • OHTNCTRHM wrote: »
    only the biggest of douchebags wear sunglasses playing live

430.gif

so how many pairs do you own then?
  • ooooo, that button at the lower right corner is soooooo tempting to push,,, damn..

being a mod with all it's expectations is so inhibiting..
  • trigs wrote: »
    so how many pairs do you own then?

JZqsu.gif
  • Costco sells Raybans for good prices - especially US Costco.
  • One piece of advice

Get them before the surgery your eyes will be ultra sensitive to light and the ones they give you are crap

I wear these Attachment not found.

They are very comfortable and only 25 $ and impact resistant safety glasses
  • Several years ago, at the Cookstown Flea Market I saw a pair of polarized tank commander's lenses in the Antique Market. Dark Brown leather, huge polarized glass lenses (about the size of a hockey puck . . . each). Still regret not buying them . . . would have looked totally outrageous at the table.
  • I always get the cheap $10 ones because I always lose them. It really hurts the wallet when I drop/break/lose expensive sunglasses. But if you've been wearing glasses for a long time, I'm sure you'd keep track of yours pretty easily.

I've seen some nice ones at costco for decent prices. Whatever you get, make sure they're polarized. The cutback in glare is significant.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Several years ago, at the Cookstown Flea Market I saw a pair of polarized tank commander's lenses in the Antique Market. Dark Brown leather, huge polarized glass lenses. Still regret not buying them . . . would have looked totally outrageous at the table.

That would be awesome
  • Got a nice polarized Nike pair at costco for about $40... That is the absolute top end of my sunglasses spending range... suprised I haven't broken or lost them yet.

PS congrats on the eye surgery... my wife did it 2 years ago and says it's totally worth it even if it was 10 times the price.
  • I always buy cheap knock offs so I don't have to take care of them and don't care when I inevitably leave them some where. If you go into a sunglasses store and try on the real thing for 2-$500 you can't even tell the difference these days.
  • These were the ones I'm thinking aboot.

Ray-Ban RB3025 112/17 58-14 Aviator Flash Lenses Sunglasses | Ray-Ban CA

Obnoxious or what? hehe

I don't wear sunglasses at the table but if I got these I just might once in a while and be real obnoxious... Especially at a couple clubs i frequent.
  • Macke wrote: »
    These were the ones I'm thinking aboot.

Ray-Ban RB3025 112/17 58-14 Aviator Flash Lenses Sunglasses | Ray-Ban CA

Obnoxious or what? hehe

I don't wear sunglasses at the table but if I got these I just might once in a while and be real obnoxious... Especially at a couple clubs i frequent.

they look identical to my $15 sunglasses
  • but...but the name
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I always buy cheap knock offs so I don't have to take care of them and don't care when I inevitably leave them some where. If you go into a sunglasses store and try on the real thing for 2-$500 you can't even tell the difference these days.

you're doing it wrong
  • Higher end fit better for sure imo..........not saying they are worth 10+x the amount....but they do fit better in my experience.
  • Hmmm...not mine or I would pay more
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Why so

It is not just fit and finish. when you buy knock offs, you are getting no guarantee that the advertised specs will actually be delivered. My Dad would always buy cheap shitty little Ray-Ban clones. when I upgraded my shades, I offered him my aviators gratis. He did not want something so extravagant . . . until he had cataract surgery a few years back. His opthamologist told him flat out to get "a good pair of sunglasses". Fortunately, my sister was with him for that appointment. now he never goes anywhere without them.
  • I've had a pair of prescription Oakley's for 3-4 years now. They are prefect for every aspect of my life: driving, flying, cutting the grass, golfing and all the rest. Always have them on me when I'm out and about.

Never going back to cheapies ever again.
  • Got caught up in an ebay auction.

Won these... NEW RAY BAN Aviator 3025 112 17 55mm Blue Mirror Sunglasses 100 Authentic | eBay

saved a bit... im happy
  • Do any of you wear shades while playing poker?

I obviously do not.. but with a pair now I might here and there just to be a little obnoxious.
  • See post #2 itt.
    See post #2 itt.

How about we don't.;)
  • Macke wrote: »
    Do any of you wear shades while playing poker?

I obviously do not.. but with a pair now I might here and there just to be a little obnoxious.

When I was playing in the degree poker championships I brought the shades but never did wear them while playing.

Only time I have worn shades was at negmike's home game and just threw them on for a laugh when it got serious in a hand,lol.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    How about we don't.;)

thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

:laugh:
    thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

:laugh:

LOL, I had timbits today.>:D

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

holy-sht.gif

biDFHU0.gif

Next time u share! :laugh::laugh::laugh::wink2:
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I've had a pair of prescription Oakley's for 3-4 years now. They are prefect for every aspect of my life: driving, flying, cutting the grass, golfing and all the rest. Always have them on me when I'm out and about.

Never going back to cheapies ever again.

Oakleys are one of the Aug sale items in the P* vip store.