Looking for cash game in TO

Hopefully the creation date on my account alleviates any concerns about me being anything other than a guy who hasn't been in the Toronto poker scene in some time. I haven't posted here since 2006, and that's when I played at Blu and Nuts. I knew of a few other clubs that are no doubt gonzo now. What's still around? What's safe? Drop me a PM.

Comments

• CS wrote: »
    I knew of a few other clubs that are no doubt gonzo now. What's still around? What's safe?
    Have you at least tried Woodbine with $5 max rake, 11 tables dealing 50 hands/hour, and no tipping?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Have you at least tried Woodbine with $5 max rake, 11 tables dealing 50 hands/hour, and no tipping?

I'm actually a dealer looking for a club to throw at.
  • Woodbine is THE place then

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • I know of 2 places in Toronto, one at Queen And Bathurst and one at Yonge and eglinton
    I've been playing at both for a few years and everything seems safe. inbox me and i can give u some details about it if u want.
  • I heard about a 5/5 game in Cambridge on the weekend. Might check it out. Apparently it is $2 max rake...BF approved :)
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I heard about a 5/5 game in Cambridge on the weekend. Might check it out. Apparently it is $2 max rake...BF approved :)

that sounds pretty amazing. i would like to check it out one day, can u inbox me any details?
    I heard about a 5/5 game in Cambridge on the weekend. Might check it out. Apparently it is $2 max rake...BF approved :)

future trip report?
    ...BF approved :)
    No, too far and not approved by the OPP lurkers. Highly -Life EV for a guy like you with a wife and kids to risk going to illegal clubs, and you don't even need to win money. You're better off having Snickers and pizza with pkrfce9 in a rake-free game.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    No, too far and not approved by the OPP lurkers. Highly -Life EV for a guy like you with a wife and kids to risk going to illegal clubs, and you don't even need to win money. You're better off having Snickers and pizza with pkrfce9 in a rake-free game.

Its hardly a club, the game is a home game with a little rake to cover cost of food, etc. TP to follow. Its always fun to win a little $$.
  • Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Still looking for a place to throw.

JayTee: PM'd you.
  • I am in TO area from about the 16th of july till the 20th...looking for addresses and such, Omaha perfered but I will see what I can find anyway....PM me please
  • getem76 wrote: »
    I am in TO area from about the 16th of july till the 20th...looking for addresses and such, Omaha perfered but I will see what I can find anyway....PM me please

there is Omaha at Woodbine on most weekends. I saw a 2/5 PLO game going last Weds. night.

Here is another option if you live in the Yonge/Eglinton area of Toronto. They seem to run most nights:

Home - Toronto's Best Poker Club
    there is Omaha at Woodbine on most weekends. I saw a 2/5 PLO game going last Weds. night.

Here is another option if you live in the Yonge/Eglinton area of Toronto. They seem to run most nights:

what, what? omaha at woodbine?

Have you played at this one yourself? Any reviews?
  • MsBlue wrote: »
    Have you played at this one yourself? Any reviews?

ive played at this club twice, once when it was at yonge and eglinton and again when they changed management.

its a good environment and atmosphere and nice friendly players, only problem I have is the high rake. which varies depending on the dealer
  • Thanks very much for the reply. Rediscovering this forum has been a nice way of getting to know the local poker community a bit.
  • We have a game close to Vick Park and Finch. We provide dealers, food/drinks, great atmosphere.
    If you're interested please contact me and leave your number.
    1/2 or 2/5
    Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun.

Thanks.