Remotely control computer

I need a recommendation for some free software to remotely control another computer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Teamviewer or Logmein... nuff said.. I use Logmein central to support many of my business clients.. Although it's too pricey for the casual user. You can also use Joinme if there is someone at the other end.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2091801/5-alternatives-to-logmein-free-for-remote-pc-access.html
  • I use teamviever. Works great.
  • Remote desktop as well if you don't want any additional software although it can be a little tricky to setup.
  • I've been using logmein for years now and the free version works great. No complaints.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    I've been using logmein for years now and the free version works great. No complaints.

I'm afraid logmemin free version ended earlier this year..:(
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'm afraid logmemin free version ended earlier this year..:(

I have the logmein app on my iPhone. I have 2 computers connected. I just logged in and used it now. Everything worked. Maybe there are no new free accounts, but existing ones are kept??

I know wayy back when I got the app, it was $40, but I was able to get it free on my phone, signed up on their website for the free version, and haven't paid anything, ever.
  • UBetIFold wrote: »
    I have the logmein app on my iPhone. I have 2 computers connected. I just logged in and used it now. Everything worked. Maybe there are no new free accounts, but existing ones are kept??

I know wayy back when I got the app, it was $40, but I was able to get it free on my phone, signed up on their website for the free version, and haven't paid anything, ever.

Changes to LogMeIn Free

Both of my logemein free accounts stopped working in February, I know of others that ended in March. Not sure why yours is still working, are they on Windows PC's or Mac? I just went to the logmein site and it is definitely not there anymore.
  • Both computers are pc's

Edit: it states that it will be cancelled 7 days after logging in, maybe today was the first time I've logged in, in a while, although in pretty sure I use it at minimum once a week.
  • Looking for free.

Anyone used the Chrome remote desktop?
  • TightVNC
  • I use Teamviewer and Splashtop
  • teamviewer