Flop decision?

Wondering what the cash experts would do here? I have 21 hands on 1 villian and 20 on the other. He 3 bet pre, and there was a caller. I deceided to just flat the 3 bet. (Good or bad move) I was thinking if I 4 bet could I get 2 folds? (right or wrong though process) I do have position and a good hand. The flop is great, villian leads. What would be the best, most profitable line, considering the board texture?

PokerStars Hand #115379167427: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2014/04/27 11:25:50 ET
Table 'Egeria' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Hidey7 ($50 in chips)
Seat 2: TheWildMe ($44.72 in chips)
Seat 3: brutti ($51.60 in chips)
Seat 4: LeoFara ($93.09 in chips)
Seat 5: SteelPitt ($67.64 in chips)
Seat 6: mlsha986 ($21.13 in chips)
Hidey7: posts small blind $0.25
TheWildMe: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SteelPitt [Kc Ac]
brutti: folds
LeoFara: folds
SteelPitt: raises $1 to $1.50
mlsha986: folds
Hidey7: raises $3 to $4.50
TheWildMe: calls $4
SteelPitt: calls $3
*** FLOP *** [Ah Ks 4h]
Hidey7: bets $6.50
TheWildMe: folds

Comments

• I'd make it about $15 preflop.
  • Calling preflop is fine I think... Making it $13.50-$15 is fine as well but I do prefer flatting. I'm think calling the bet and letting him hang himself is fine andprob making it like $15 on that flop and obv calling a shove is standard as well... seems like you might be chopping vs AK here a bit sometimes, but AQ and AJ might just jam it in on the flop as well.. JJ/QQ should be folding, if he has AA or KK UL, but 44 shouldn't be in his range...

You can even call the flop if his barreling the turn (But i think most players give up) and if he checks turn just bet like 20% of the pot..
  • With no reads it is difficult to give anything but generic answers. Do you have any stats on him?

He likely has a strong hand. Say TT+, ATs+, AJ+. You can poker stove that and see how you look PF against that if you 4 bet and he shoves. There is a bit of dead money there so that will impact the calculations.

On the flop he leads into 2 players who called a 3 bet. Standard? I'm thinking no but I suppose it could be a continuation bet. There aren't a lot of draws here so he wouldn't have to bet to protect a set. Most likely you are way ahead with him drawing slim. Raising may get a worse ace to fold and definitely folds out underpairs. You don't want that. I think I'd just let him barrel.

If you are behind you aren't folding so you will lose the same by calling or raising but raising will not likely win as much.

But of course you guys could be thinking on a whole other level or he could be a complete fish.

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • pkrfce9, not really any stats I can trust after 20 hands.But thanks guys for the advice. I've dabbled in some cash games before, but mostly a sitngo player. Played over 1000 games the last few months with the "trigs challange". It was fun. So now on to cash games. I did push on the flop, which I now see was not the optimal line to take, the sitngo habits need to be broken :) Thanks again.
  • So he folded and that was that?

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • Yea he folded, made a note for next time.