GoPro Cameras

Looking at possibly getting a GoPro to mount in the airplane. Anybody have any experience with them? I don't have a clue.

Go!

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »
    Looking at possibly getting a GoPro to mount in the airplane. Anybody have any experience with them? I don't have a clue.

Go!

You have an airplane now John? Damn, we poker players are obviously tipping too much! >:D

No personal experience here but I assume you have found this forum?

http://www.goprofanatics.com/forum.php
  • compuease wrote: »
    You have an airplane now John? Damn, we poker players are obviously tipping too much! >:D

No personal experience here but I assume you have found this forum?

GoProFanatics.com - The Ultimate GoPro Forum!

You really need to check into FB and Twitter more often, Dad! Bought 1/8th of a share of this Piper Warrior.

1979387_10153955836170324_1443717256_o.jpg

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
  • You know me, a technological dweeb..;)
  • 1 8th? Does that get you half of the wing?
    You really need to check into FB and Twitter more often, Dad!

Shhh, or he'll see how much fun we have at his expense on there!
  • Shhh, or he'll see how much fun we have at his expense on there!

Like Snowflake and I don't do the stone carvings of you guys....hehe..
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    1 8th? Does that get you half of the wing?

Either that or he gets to fly it on the eighth day . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Either that or he gets to fly it on the eighth day . . .

Was that the day god created self-delusion?

Mark
  • You obviously missed that day in Sunday School, or School of Rock . . . whatever.

On the Eighth Day god created rock n roll.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    1 8th? Does that get you half of the wing?

I co-own the aircraft with 7 other pilots. Thanks for derailing the thread.

Does anybody have useful advice about GoPros?
  • I picked up a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition off Kijiji last year and love the thing. It even comes with a decent video editing software for free (only edits GoPro videos). Here was my first attempt at a movie.

http://youtu.be/RNZgY79JFcc
  • I picked up a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition off Kijiji last year and love the thing. It even comes with a decent video editing software for free (only edits GoPro videos). Here was my first attempt at a movie.

Hockley Valley Fall 2013 v2 - YouTube

Very cool! Nice helmet mount. I'm not sure if I want to mount the camera on the wing or above the rear seats.

I take it it's not hard to use the editing software? I'd also like to figure out how to hook the camera into the com systems of the aircraft so I can record all the cockpit chatter, internally and externally.
  • Yeah, a quality mount is probably a good idea:

watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA
    Very cool! Nice helmet mount. I'm not sure if I want to mount the camera on the wing or above the rear seats.

I take it it's not hard to use the editing software? I'd also like to figure out how to hook the camera into the com systems of the aircraft so I can record all the cockpit chatter, internally and externally.

I'd never used an editing software before and figured it out. There are also a number of tutorials on Youtube to help you along.