2+2 Magazine

One of my favourite strategy resources remains the Two Plus Two Poker Strategy Magazine. I loved its February edition, especially the articles by Mason Malmuth (below), Dan Harrington's new book excerpt, Andrew Brokos, and "Zero-Sum."
... poker has reached a stage where a lot of things are starting to go wrong, and it seems only logical that these problems will benefit those who are members of the forces which are opposing poker ...

What needs to be done? The answer to this is one word, integrity. There just needs to be more of it in poker.

Now I don’t mean to imply that most of the important people in our industry are lacking in this area. In fact, the opposite is true, and we at 2+2 are constantly working with people and Internet poker sites which we have the utmost respect for. But it needs to be better.

How do we make it better? Well, that’s where the poker community comes in. While it’s true that an individual player is often not very important in the overall scheme of things, as a group there’s no entity that’s more important. So, please speak out when you think it’s appropriate to do so, and we’ll be able to get through this troubling period.

Anybody else pre-ordering Harrington on Modern Tournament Poker?

Comments

• It's saying, "Kill Russ Hamilton!" :-)
  • Jail time for the UB, AP & FTP scammers would be a good start.
    It's saying, "Kill Russ Hamilton!" :-)
  • He's saying, "Buy a sniper rifle"
  • Hi Blondfish. Been down south for a few weeks but will be back to some Brantford tourneys soon.

Have to say i am not a fan of Mason Malmuth. I think the players make 2+2 a fountain of information but i think Mason is a boob.

Let me know which torneys your gonna hit in the next week or so.
  • Hi Blondfish. Been down south for a few weeks but will be back to some Brantford tourneys soon.

Have to say i am not a fan of Mason Malmuth. I think the players make 2+2 a fountain of information but i think Mason is a boob.

Let me know which torneys your gonna hit in the next week or so.

Why?
  • The Ten Commandments of Online Poker
    I. Thou shalt have no other gods before math
    :
    III. Thou shalt not take math in vain
    Stop it. You are not a feel player and you do not hate math. What is two plus two? When your opponent scratches his nose, do you ever get a feeling that it is something other than four this time? If not, then math applies to you just as it does everyone else. This is not in spite of your feelings. It is the cause of your feelings.
    :
    VII. Thou shalt not cheat
    :
  • Have to say i am not a fan of Mason Malmuth. I think the players make 2+2 a fountain of information but i think Mason is a boob.
    Why do you think Mason Malmuth is a "boob"? In an industry full of Russell Hamiltons, Ray Bitars and many other scumbags, I would say that the 2+2 owners are good for the poker community.
  • Whether they are good or bad, they are at least forthright in what they do, and how they operate. Which is more than can be said for some of the people who play this game.
  • Five Lessons Learned from the Movie Semi-Pro
    We constantly hear about serious poker players taking the leap to turn pro. This idea scares even some very successful players from encouraging others to do the same because they know how hard dealing with variance can be. Maybe if we heard more stories of people turning semi-pro, the transition would be a lot easier, fewer players would be in debt, and the poker community as a whole would be a lot happier.
  • I think I will stick with being a semi-recreational player.
  • I am only going to say this once Bill, then I will start deleting your posts deemed "spam". I like you and appreciate the fact that you are trying your best to get a regular game going. You are putting your own money up and while a lot are appreciative of that it does not give you the right to "randomly" start discussing your game in other threads.
    There are enough threads here that get taken in a totally different direction than the op originally intended but lets not deliberately do it.
    I let this go in the "Off Topic" section but it should not be allowed in other sections. I'll see what Wildbill thinks but I think I'll just delete all these posts for the last day or so in here.

Oh, and I'll take 2 shirts, medium please..
  • Comp, I appreciate your input, but my intent was not to spam but simply add to the topic of transitioning to a pro poker player and the difficulties thereof. The topic was
    not where to get a t-shirt deal.

Besides, don't you think you should approach the originator of the thread and get
    their input about any possible spam offence. You do know it wasn't spam.

If I say it's spam, multiple people say it's spam, it's spam.. I'm not getting into an argument about it here. Look up the definition yourself.
  • I don't care what whether you call it meat spam, forum spam, thread spam or forum thread cluttering. It has always been frowned on around here to do that. As much as I like Bill I can't allow it to continue. If you want to discuss what constitutes forum or thread spam create a thread to do so in Off Topic.
    If you want to discuss your game or the merits of it helping someone turn pro then do it in one of your multiple threads. I know that likely Greg is just testing me.. :bs:

Cleaning up thread now as I said I would. Jeesh you guys test a hammer throwers patience..
  • What happened to my on-topic post about Phil Ivey's advice on how to go pro?

@philivey: "Have a second source of income and play low stakes until you consistently beat it."
    BlondeFish wrote: »
  • ICYMI, you can now use the Tapatalk app for both 2+2 and pokerforum.ca. I'll be able to update both forums at the same time from WPT Fallsview, etc.
  • How do you search (what keywords) for 2p2 on tapatalk. Can't seem to find it.
  • Try forumserver.twoplustwo.com.
    UBetIFold wrote: »
    How do you search (what keywords) for 2p2 on tapatalk. Can't seem to find it.
  • The Two Plus Two Forums