Omaha - cambridge card club

Thursday April 17, 2014 start time 7:00pm @ the Cave sports bar(upstairs in the hall)
CAMBRIDGE CARD CLUB will be running a Omaha hi only game.:confused:
Same format as friday night and sunday games, except the buy-in is $30 to play, starting stack will be 25000.:o
max 9 players / table. only 5 tables.
blinds will be 25 minutes, 100-200,200-400, 300-400, 400-800, 600-1200, 800-1600, 1000-2000, 2000-40000, etc

Cash game will be only omaha. The Banquet hall above the cave. 25/50 cent blinds max buy-in $60 min $10.:D

Comments

• Stay tune for a possible heads up tourament in May. 32 players @ $50 per player. First part will be round robin (timed game) with all players getting to play at least 7 games. Second part will be single knock-out stage. will be working on the structure for the next little while. I am accepting some input for the next little while.
  • Is this pot limit, or no limit?
  • CAMBRIDGE CARD CLUB will be running a Omaha hi only game
  • and is that a no limit or pot limit Omaha hi only game?
  • No limit.

That's hot!
  • It is not hot. There is a reason why Omaha games are usually Pot Limit.

What is the reasoning behind making the game No Limit instead of Pot Limit?

Is it lack of math skills to calculate the pot?
  • Cave players are stupid.
  • Put me in, if players are stupid then I can not wait. Brantford has limit texas hold'em poker, gives those who like to chase the affordability. I hate it, others love it.
    Omaha is a different game, but why restrain players from betting. My thoughts on PLO is that it limits preflop betting. After the flop, PLO can still can get crazy. i like the action.
  • moose wrote: »
    Cave players are stupid.

This is a good spot for me!

I agree with datamn completely but really in this kind of format with people who barely grasp their own hand, YUP this is a good spot to just get it in when they are flopping a underset I will take my chances with top set.
  • In please
  • Your OP says The Cave but your email says M&M,

WHERE IS THIS GAME??????????
  • I believe this is at the Cave (as it says in the initial post) and you don't have to indicate you are "in" on the forum. Just show up at the Cave.
  • Yes the game is at the Cave, sent e-mail making the correction on venue. there is no in, first come, first served. Lots of players who have not played Omaha, so the game is new to them. Just like everyone else, this gives them a chance to learn. would like to get a regular game of Omaha going but pool is small.
  • Thanks AL for organizing this - the heads up sounds great!
  • Trip Report:

moose-albums-temp-crap-picture231-img-20140417-230839.jpg

As expected: bfillmaff and datamn chopped, beanie42 bubbled, flash05, anadux and myself won over $200 in the cash game. Bfillmaff added some more too. Inexplicably compuease, getem76, datamn, and beanie42 didn't even sit in the cash game!

Fortunately these Cave people seem to find more money week after week and never improve.
  • It was a nice chop for me since they didn't understand ICM - I was able to turn my 1/3 of chips into 1/3 of the prize money once we hit the money. They each had approx. 2/9 of the chips. The initial proposal was each getting 225. I asked for 300 and each of them getting 200 which they accepted. My actual equity was about 250.
  • I had a bit of a dream table to start things off... There is no better feeling than flopping the nuts and having 3 way action in front of you :)

My only regret is going so deep in the tourney that I couldn't play the cash game!

Thanks Al for hosting... I'll be back for sure!!!
  • DataMn wrote: »
    It was a nice chop for me since they didn't understand ICM - I was able to turn my 1/3 of chips into 1/3 of the prize money once we hit the money. They each had approx. 2/9 of the chips. The initial proposal was each getting 225. I asked for 300 and each of them getting 200 which they accepted. My actual equity was about 250.

Yeah, you made out pretty good there... I was thinking the same thing but as the shortest stack myself I wasn't going to speak up! GG
  • I Played the Cave for the first time. The gentlemen running the game is a big burly biker. There is no alcohol allowed in the hall, which I did not like. I found that their was some good players and some bad players, 30 players showed up. The tournament itself was good, I do not get a chance to play Omaha tournaments. The cash game was plo and there was lots of action. I would play there again. lots of money flying around.
  • I Played the Cave for the first time. The gentlemen running the game is a big burly biker. There is no alcohol allowed in the hall, which I did not like. I found that their was some good players and some bad players, 30 players showed up. The tournament itself was good, I do not get a chance to play Omaha tournaments. The cash game was plo and there was lots of action. I would play there again. lots of money flying around.
    lol, Al's no biker, just a good ol friendly teddy bear.. >:D

As for no alcohol in the playing hall, that's to protect the bar's liquor license and Al's right to host there...