GTA plays some tournaments BAP

I'm currently playing poker full time for a couple of months and my game is most excellent.

Package:

April 9: Grey Eagle $550 Megastack -- 1 day
April 10/11: Deerfoot $550 Superstack -- 2 day -- anyone know when day 2 is for this event?

Spring-Super-Stack-2014-Poster_zps10548bbd.jpg

Spring_Showdown_Flyer_Back9_zpsda2e1967.jpg

Selling 50% @ 1.2. Profits are calculated after tips.

Twitter is @GTAPokerCalgary

2.5% = $33
5% = $66
10% = $132

Outstanding Gabbbbbbappppppo debts -- I want to settle these this week via EMT...I have heard from Pinhead and DrTyore. Will settle once I know if anyone on the list is partaking in the above.

Compuease 1% = $100 OWED
HMole 2.5% = $250 OWED - $90 previous Deerfoot entries = $160 OWED/PAID
DrTyore 5% = $500 OWED/PAID
Pinhead 10% = $1000 OWED/PAID

PAID:
Live player 15%, PAID
Pinhead 5% = $66, PAID...I owe $934/PAID
Milo 5% = $66 PAID
Hobbes 2.5% = $33, owed $15 = $18, PAID, I owe $142 for HMole, PAID
Wildbill 2.5% = $33, owed $15 = $18, PAID
Comp 2.5% = $33, PAID...I owe $67
Stevekerr 2.5% = $33, PAID
T8 12.5% = $198, PAID $75, OWES $123, PAID
Wes 5% =$66, PAID

Comments

• Sure I'll take 5% pls
  • i better take 5% crackwhore
  • btw, what happened to the new job?
  • 2.5% please
  • 5% please . . .
  • 2.5% plz.

I think I owe you something for online boogaloo (delayed), so maybe just transfer that over here?

Anyhoo, just let me know what to send and where. Whatever works.
  • Gabbbbbbappppppo 2 is cancelled....live games are too soft to bother
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Gabbbbbbappppppo 2 is cancelled....live games are too soft to bother

Wait, what? This one is cancelled already?

Just in case it isn't I'll take 2.5%.. :p
    I'm currently playing poker full time for a couple of months
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    btw, what happened to the new job?

Personally I think you should stay in school... Full time poker player? Have we ever had one of those around here? What do they look like? Is a related profession moving couches perhaps?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    btw, what happened to the new job?

I decided I didn't want to buy into the clinic and I make more money playing poker 20-30h a week than working 40h+ a week so I'm going to enjoy the summer playing for a living until I find something I want to buy.

Or ..just be a degen poker player
  • Get a gym membership . . . bulk up . . . move couches . . . profit?
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    rest

going to Maui in May...you coming down for any of the series in April?
  • Congrats. So the main difference is the relative softness of the games in Alberta compared to online and California? I don't think anybody can make more money playing live poker in Ontario than working 40+ hr/week as a veterinarian owner or other high-paying profession.
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    ... I make more money playing poker 20-30h a week than working 40h+ a week so I'm going to enjoy the summer playing for a living until I find something I want to buy.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Congrats. So the main difference is the relative softness of the games in Alberta compared to online and California? I don't think anybody can make more money playing live poker in Ontario than working 40+ hr/week as a veterinarian owner or other high-paying profession.

Alberta cash games are probably the softest I've played. However, I have never played anywhere that the games were not beatable for a decent rate. My most hours have been in AB, Vegas and undergrounds in Toronto. I rarely play 1/2 NL anymore, but made $50/h for years playing it part time in AB. I know other pros that are not as good as me that claim they make around that rate today in Calgary. I can make more 1 tabling PLO live than 6 tabling online with much less risk...plus I have never enjoyed online poker. I do not really have enough hours at the PLO game for a true win rate (not going to get into stats here or the ever changing state of the games) but I am making well over double my 1/2 rate at PLO.

I'm a very introspective person/player and I have no ego with respect to poker. That being said, I have rarely played with anyone that is as good a live cash player as me...so that probably helps with the profits.

California games are good in pockets...I never played the 5 10 PLO at the Bike which was my bad as I hear it was/is super soft. For me, a good game is also a game where the regs aren't miserable fucks with nothing to talk about other than poker...which makes the AB games >>>>>> California games. If I'm going to play lots of hours I may as well enjoy myself.

I'm not doing this forever, but I have always wanted to give it a try without working and I am in a good situation where I can try it out. I will start working again part time in May and see how things balance out for the best work/life enjoyment while the air is warm out here. Long term plan is to likely buy or start a clinic in Calgary or BC within a year or two depending on what opportunities arise.

Being a grown-up may just not be for me.

I feel that I could quite easily get rich playing the 10/25/50/100 (it varies) PLO that is currently running in Calgary. It is usually a pretty soft lineup. I just do not have the bankroll at present to play it. I would seriously take a backer at 50% to play that game. I will still take shots here and there when I am having a good month.
    going to Maui in May..

glad to hear you're going to Maui....but I meant I'll take the rest, not get some rest
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    you coming down for any of the series in April?

Not sure, maybe
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    glad to hear you're going to Maui....but I meant I'll take the rest, not get some rest

Not sure, maybe

It is done

PLO rebuy should be ok
  • all can EMT...I think you all have my email by now, but if not then let me know...I will pay out outstanding previous BAPs by tomorrow night...thanks all
  • I'm pretty sure I owe you some $ with the current interest in this bap and the leftover from the last one. It's all starting to merge. If you are doing the math let me know and I'll ship asap.
    Or ..just be a degen poker player

Probably more likely. Hard to earn the same living as a vet playing 2/5 NL and PLO. Although you have been known to prove me wrong :)
    T8 12.5% = $198

I think I have a $75 credit for money already sent for the online one.

I'll ship once you confirm.
  • Shippage by Sunday okay?
  • Will sort out any questions tomorrow...lazy poker player here
  • Sad blender is sad.

You could please send my $160 to Hobbes and I can collect from him at Royal. My credit union EMT's hate me since an apparent fraud attempt last fall. You can try my email address but I doubt it will work.
  • Sad blender is sad.

You could please send my $160 to Hobbes and I can collect from him at Royal. My credit union EMT's hate me since an apparent fraud attempt last fall. You can try my email address but I doubt it will work.

Just withhold what I owe to save fees.
  • Sad blender is sad.

Hadn't seen you around...will put you on reserve for whatever I do next
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Just withhold what I owe to save fees.

OK, pm EMT info please
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Probably more likely. Hard to earn the same living as a vet playing 2/5 NL and PLO. Although you have been known to prove me wrong :)

How much does a vet make? $2/$5 PLO plays pretty damn big