I guess I got married to them

Hand from my home game tournament the other night. I am on the button with AsAc. Blinds are $0.50 and $1 and my stack is $35. Villain 1 is UTG with about $14 and he limps in. He is pretty loose and has made it into the money in our tournaments about 2 times in the past year. It is folded to me and I make it $4.50. SB folds and the BB (he honestly could have any two cards, he plays that way all the time and with stack about $40) calls after a bit of thought.

Flop comes down Q 10 10 rainbow. BB bets out for $5 and Villain 1 pushes his remaining stack. What do you do and why? Feel free to blast me if necessary:)

Results in white below.

I honestly wasn't concerned in the least by Villain 1, I was pretty sure he had small pocket pair that he didn't want to give up. The BB I felt would make that move with a draw, any Q but not the 10 since he likes to play tricky. I was also thinking that he probably didn't have AQ since I had two of the aces. Given that there were two 10s on the board it was less likely that he had a 10 as well.

Cards get rolled over and
BB has 9 10 off suit for trips
Villain 1 has KJo for the up and down draw

The BB's hand holds up and he gets a monster stack. About half an hour later he is busted out and over at the cash game with the rest of the losers!

Comments