Playnow Poker, Discussion.

So today Play now had a 100k GTD Tournament, but it was cancelled with 165 entrants. The question I have for all players who play online is this;
If a 100k GTD tournament with a minimum entrants at 5 starts with 165 players, do you think it being canceled because the 100k was not met is justified for the site.

I personally think that it is not acceptable from a online poker site to cancel a tournament that is a Guaranteed tournament because they haven't got there 100k in entrance fees. I am pretty let down with this Site, they have no respect for their players. People wait 1 month to play this tournament and the site cancels it due to being 20k short of the 100k.

What do you guys think? Do you think the site was justified in canceling, or do you believe that a site should honor its tournament money regardless of how many players enter, so long as the minimum is met?

Comments

• Beat you to it... http://www.pokerforum.ca/f8/playnow-com-poker-review-positives-negatives-26072/index8.html#post371263

They say technical glitches, more like didn't meet the guarantee...
  • Yeah, It's obvious they cancelled due to that reason, and i want to know what the poker community thinks. Is this acceptable on the sites part? Cancelling a GTD because it doesn't meet the 100k from registration?
  • Was hoping to play the tourney tonight, Might have to hit up Cascades, try to win some cash. So frustrated with this site.
  • Bnee23 wrote: »
    Was hoping to play the tourney tonight, Might have to hit up Cascades, try to win some cash. So frustrated with this site.

Good luck tonight at Cascades.

Yeah I am glad I wasn't registered for it, my friend is pissed too cause they registered with PXP's and now may only get tournament credits but they didn't know for sure. Get credits on tournaments that may or may not run.. Seems like they are pulling the we can cancel tournaments at our discretion card. It's obvious they didn't make the guarantee and would be out of pocket the guaranteed $.
    They reap from the advertising it generates though and should be held accountable by the players. If you say your running a guarantee then honor it. If they can't meet those guarantees then they should lower the guarantee in the first place or list what they will do UP FRONT if they have X number of players not meeting the total guarantee. You can bet your a$* if they got over the guarantee that it would have run...
  • I have a hard time believing that they had technical issues. Why was it that every tournament ran accordingly, except the only tournament that was worth playing. They even cancelled the 20k GTD, in the hopes it would draw more players to the 100k.

Regardless, I'm still pretty upset over the whole situation. But we will see what playnow does.
  • Totally agree / empathize with your situation. They should be held accountable and to the highest standards in the industry being that it is government run site. (The reason I post these threads are not to bash but to hold them to a higher standard) Even on the site they are promoting the game integrity as fundamentals of their operation.

I'd be pissed too...
  • The definition of the word "Guaranteed" when used in the context of a poker tournament means:

We are Liars. We put this word in here to see in any of you are stupid enough to fall for our lie.
  • I think that players should call their bluff here; if and when the guarantee runs again, just plan to late register. Give them a little scare and see if it crashes again ;)
  • I was reading the news... it's a government poker site?!? Didn't know they existed.
  • I bet that if they do plan to run the 100k GTD, It will be brought down to 50-75K. They said they would try to sweeten the pot when the tournament ran next, but I think they are bluffing. They wont add anything to the next 100k gtd, hoping that players don't really care about what happened.