Suday's Bolton Tournament results

First I would like to thank Josh and his dealers for everything lastnight, :D Josh you were a great help, and went out of your way to help this go as good as it did. Thank you.

Second I would like to say Thank you to the guy's from the forum that came out to the tournament.

Next I would like to say, BBC55 tough break, when I saw that Ace leave the dealers hand I thought you were on your way to the final table. (missed the final table by 2 players), I'll let him tell the story, NUTS, NUTS, NUTS. :eek:

Jeremy who is also a forum member (not sure what his handle is), took first place :D (2500.00). It took him almost 10 min. for it to sink in. This was only his second live tournament ever.

Now we didn't hit capacity, and we had 15 no-shows(that's ok they paid the deposit :D ).

We had 44 players, started at 2:30 and were done at 7:55.

Here are the winners and the pay-outs:

1) Jeremy $2500 (forum member)
2) Lee R.$1750 (play's at York U.)
3) Adam K. $1000
4) Rich R. $700
5) Jesse H. $400
6) Eric C. $300
7) Mike G. $250

Notable 8th place finish was Alan who received a $50 G.C. from shoeless Joe's.

With 44 players we didn't want to pay 7, we only wanted to pay top 4 or 5, but everyone at the game said "no, pay top 7". OK.

There were a couple of bumps along the way, but for our first big tournament I was pleased with the way it went, and even happier that someone from the forum finish in money.

The guy's that were there from the forum, I would love your input on the evening, on what you would have changed or done differently.

Thanks again, Rob :D

Comments

• My last hand wasn't great, A9 suited in MP I raise everyone folds to the BB and he comes over the top at me for just about all my chips so I push all in. He flips over KQ off and I think this could be ok.

Flop comes and I see an A and am happy for about a half second till i see the 10 J with it, he floped the nut straight.

Story of my life, No Respect!...haha.

Anyways the venue was really great and Rob did a great job.

BCC-55
  • Hey Rob, its jeremy woodland here. Thanks for the great tournament... i really did enjoy myself. The dealers were great....and i totally dug the buffet...let me know when you are planning to have another one.
    Cheers
    Jeremy
  • Thanks Jeremy, and congrats on the win. Terry and I are thinking about 3 small buyins a month (40-60) and 1 large buyin a month (150-200).

I'm glad you guy's had a good time, and I'm glad things went as smooth as they did (thanks josh).
  • BCC55 wrote:
    My last hand wasn't great, A9 suited in MP I raise everyone folds to the BB and he comes over the top at me for just about all my chips so I push all in. He flips over KQ off and I think this could be ok.

BCC-55

Hey just wanted to let you know that the BB that took you aut was Lee, who finished second. After he took you out, I watched his play. He had ba**s of steel all night, took out alot of players, played great at a full or semi-full table, but when it got to heads up for the final two, something in him just caved you could see it in his play. Stacks were close, but within 8 hands he was out.
  • rgspence wrote:
    Hey just wanted to let you know that the BB that took you aut was Lee, who finished second. After he took you out, I watched his play. He had ba**s of steel all night, took out alot of players, played great at a full or semi-full table, but when it got to heads up for the final two, something in him just caved you could see it in his play. Stacks were close, but within 8 hands he was out.

Glad i could help....hmmmmmmmmmm...but not really.
  • Hey BCC,

How do you feel about hosts playing in their own tourney's and finishing in the money? :confused:

Rob
  • Did this tournament have rebuys? add-ons?? or freezeout?? If freezeout, please let me know about the next one - would love to play
  • This tourneament was $150 buyin (2000 in chips) with 90 min. with $75 rebuy's (2000 in chips). We are going to run a few more for sure. Some will be freeze outs and some will have rebuy's and/or add on's. We will post all tourney's on this forum. We are going to start a mailing list, if you are interested in being on it pm me your email address. This mailing list will only be used to send a flyer for our tourney's.

Rob
  • rgspence wrote:
    Hey BCC,

How do you feel about hosts playing in their own tourney's and finishing in the money? :confused:

Rob

Well if you are running it then I don't think anyone has to worry about it! :D

I don't think it's problem.

BCC55
  • its jeremy here again...
    i think that by hosting a tournament you must be a fan of playing the game...and of course you should play...if you want to. Poker is a game of skill, and placing in the money just means you played well. I would find it more strange if i host choose not to play
  • Hello all. Just ready about this game and would love to play in future. i am in Milton and probably have a couple of others that would be interested. Please let me know.. My email is jeffcookson@sympatico.ca Jeff...