FTP Multi-Day Tourneys

Can't seem to find any info online for these.

I think they started last week for various buyins.

Here's the just.....There are 7 Day 1's where you play 18 levels, whoever is still in after 18 levels, has advanced to day 2.

This builds Stars like tourney prizes. Not sure how it works if you qualify for multiple day 2's?

Buyins from $2 up to $55, they crushed the g'tee's for the first day 2 which was yesterday (it appears all Day 2's are on Sunday, at the normal scheduled time for the Day 1's, with the exception of Day 1G, which starts about 4-5 hours earlier.

I kind of like the idea of qualifying during the week, and making all the money on Sunday (might improve my Sunday ROI!!!).

Are there any negatives I'm not seeing on these?

Comments

• Saw these as well, My first thought was like good practice for live tournaments like wsop.

Have not played them but might be something to give a try.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Saw these as well, My first thought was like good practice for live tournaments like wsop.

Have not played them but might be something to give a try.

Please explain how these are in any form good practice for the WSOP.
  • i don't remember reading any announcements for these, but i noticed them the other day too. i also noticed that the day 2 prize pool numbers were pretty good. as long as i am guaranteed to be able to play the day 2, i don't see anything overtly negative about them. i was considering donating to a few probably.
  • They are doing these in some of the upcoming ftops/mini ftops as well FYI.
  • I'm going to try some of these out too.
  • made day 2 of the $55 50k on Sunday (Day 2 this Sunday) as a 10bb shorty, tried reg'ing today to it, not allowed to register again once you make day 2 apparently

Also made Day 2 in the $11 20k

One left that I'm interested in, the $26 30k
  • Made day 2 of the $3.30, 5k Guaranteed last night. Day 2 starts at 3:30pm Sunday. I got around 30 BB's.
  • damn...the $11 20k day 2 was yesterday, thought it was today....blinded to a min cash

didn't make the $$ in the $55
  • I cashed for $6.98. (1st place was over $2200) I really like this new format, and the tourney I played uped there guarantee from 5k to 10k for this weeks game. This will bring in a bunch more players hopefuly, and I will be trying again this week to make day 2.
    Phili you should try this one out, you may like it.:)
  • I cashed for $6.98. (1st place was over $2200) I really like this new format, and the tourney I played uped there guarantee from 5k to 10k for this weeks game. This will bring in a bunch more players hopefuly, and I will be trying again this week to make day 2.
    Phili you should try this one out, you may like it.:)

Yup! May try it out in the near future, was studying up on some mtt stuff yesterday and had a clear day to play mtt's until the big rogers internet outage.:)