Satellite bubble

I just recently started playing poker again after a rather long break (also a rather long break from posting here as a result).

So I started playing at that spot I used to go they host these 3$ entry with one 3$ Rebuy before the first break satellite to a monthly tournament that can give access to the 4 months big tournament where they give 3 vegas trips, basically, it's a freeroll, I'm playing for fun since I can't afford big tournament and well I'm far from the best at poker since I don't play enough.

I can get quite tight in tournament, especially late, I value my chips a bit too much and I'm afraid of bad hands (or bad luck).

So I'm chip leader at this table of 6 players, top 5 get a place in the monthly tournament.

Blinds are 10k/20k and I have 150k the closest players has less than 100k so I'm well off but hey it's not even 15BB so it's nothing crazy.

I get Jh10h on the BB , only one caller and no raise so I check, the caller is from my limited experience a fairly decent player who only plays strong hands, he's got about 65K chips left.

Flop is 4h 9c Qd

He goes all in.

Do you call here? I win he's out and I get my ticket, I lose and I'm back in the fray with blinds that are going up every 10 minutes.

I don't have much experience in "live" settings or satellites for that matter and I know it's almost meaningless since I only invested 3$ but I want to get better since they host 30$ and 60$ on weekends and I'd like to attend at some point so I figure this is an nice stepping stone.

Thanks!

Comments

• what happened with that whole dildo thing?
  • Since it's a satellite bubble, knowing what the other stack sizes are is pretty important.

I would've likely just moved in preflop too. Lol at guy limping a 4bb stack.
  • Welcome back
  • shove it. that's what she said.

come to think of it do you have any fold equity?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    shove it. that's what she said.

come to think of it do you have any fold equity?

You do vs. players that limp 4bb stacks...
  • The SB had maybe 90kish chips, a girl who almost stacked me on the 3rd hand of the tournament when she went all in with 7-3 against my KK (right as she was taking my chips she kept saying how nobody can read her because she never plays the same hand... bitch), I managed to build back my stack after that without rebuying which was quite weird.

Everyone else was between 70 and 90k it was quite even but overall everyone was short stack, the blinds go up fast and the final two tables took a very long time before we could reach the final table which is why the stacks we're so crappy.

But why a shove here? The limper will call and the SB might call as well seeing what she did before?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    what happened with that whole dildo thing?

Still a virgin :P
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Welcome back

Thanks! I lurked from time to time seeing what was up with the site, glad to see it's still going strong :)
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    But why a shove here? The limper will call and the SB might call as well seeing what she did before?

You only mentioned that there was a call preflop and then a shove before action got to you so I thought that the only other person in the hand was SB. I'd shove because any hand that the limper would call off with, they probably would have moved all in with already. Assuming the players understand satellite strategy somewhat, your fold equity should be pretty high given that they only need to outlast one more player.

Assuming it's the same player pool, stop wasting time in the $3 tournaments and just jump into the $30-60 buy-ins. These people sound terrible.
  • As played, it's an easy fold on the flop.
    You don't really need to play as chipleader; you can just wait for the shorter stacks to eliminate one more player. What was the position and chip stack of the open limper?
    InsaneGuy wrote: »
    The limper will call and the SB might call as well seeing what she did before?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    As played, it's an easy fold on the flop.
    You don't really need to play as chipleader; you can just wait for the shorter stacks to eliminate one more player. What was the position and chip stack of the open limper?

EP+1
    He limped 20k so he had 45k left
  • Played again yesterday, finished 2nd, my less than 6 players left game is severly lacking, I went out with AcQc vs 66 all in preflop he hit a 6 on the flop, no clubs were seen that day.

There's a monthly tournament this weekend with a chance at the cash-prize tournament, I wonder if players will be less terrible, I've seen some crazy bad plays it's insane.
  • Managed to gain entry in the "win a trip" tournament in April, I won 3 hands , card dead for most of the tournament, 88 vs 42, 88 vs Q4 and AQs vs J6 all 3 hands against the same player in a span of 15 minutes.

He was the "I'll call to see what you have" big stack at our table so I'm glad he kept calling with junk (and missing).

Now I wonder if player will play differently since there's actual prizes to be won, though from what I've seen so far, there's maybe 7-8 players that actually know what they're doing so I might get lucky !