Pokerstars Canada cup!

Pokerstars and playground poker club teaming up to bring big tournament series to Canada!

ZOMG! 8 max freezeout live tournament at the bottom of the schedule.

Live Canada Poker Event - $2M GTD Tournament

Comments

• pffft. Like you're going to play. :D
  • Was going to post this, will be grinding these sub sattys and hopefully bink a seat :D
  • Much better compared to travelling to a US tournament or "Full Tilt Poker" :rage: sponsoring it. Will car pool and split a hotel room, just like for the WPT Canadian Spring Championship satellites on March 1-2.
  • I'm going to be playing the satties too
  • i can't play any of the bigger events that are multiple days, but i'm interested in the single day events that fall on the weekend. i'll consider it if they aren't crazy hyper turbos.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i'll consider it if they aren't crazy hyper turbos.
    What's wrong with crazy hyper turbos? ;)

Seriously, the poker community is starting to hate the unlimited re-entry format where you have to keep paying full rake. The first event I'm most likely to play is the "$100 + $10 Main Event Satellite, Rebuy & Add-on (2 SEATS GTD)" on May 18, where the rebuy and add-on should be fee-free unlike the terrible unlimited re-entry format.
  • When are online satellites starting?
  • Yesterday. 8 and 830. 830 is a fun deep stack hyper
  • actyper wrote: »
    Yesterday. 8 and 830. 830 is a fun deep stack hyper

Daily? Can't see it on mobile client atm
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Daily? Can't see it on mobile client atm
    We'll check it out at Fallsview tonight. I'm thinking of staying the next two nights before the Valentine's/Family Day/WPT Fallsview frenzy starts.
  • on my laptop they are located under

Events
    More
    Special
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    on my laptop they are located under

Events
    More
    Special

As you can see, satellites are Canadian dollar NOT the usual usd on stars So I would set up a cad account on stars if anyone has not done so.
  • Is it easy to convert my U$ PokerStars account to C$ without being ripped off on the conversion like other sites?
    philliivey wrote: »
    As you can see, satellites are Canadian dollar NOT the usual usd on stars So I would set up a cad account on stars if anyone has not done so.
  • sets it up automatically when you register for the tourney
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Is it easy to convert my U$ PokerStars account to C$ without being ripped off on the conversion like other sites?

It's easy, but put back on some bankroll last week that I withdrew and the stars rate was a little worse than the bank rate!(not by much but WTF):bs:.

The cad is one of the problems for me regarding online in poker and outside of poker and I am trying to do little as possible in transactions right now.
    sets it up automatically when you register for the tourney

I was wondering what happens if you try to buy with usd,lol ty.:)

This is the 1st time I have seen Canadian dollar tournament on stars even though they had the option in filters for quite awhile now.
  • There is win in this thread on many, many levels.
    830 is a fun deep stack hyper

that one is pretty fun....20k in cheeps, but I think you have 10 BB avg in about an hour

finished 3rd tonight with only one seat, so there was a bit of an overlay

here's hoping they have some seat + accommodation satty's in future as well
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    There is win in this thread on many, many levels.

how many, I only found 3?
  • are there satellites for all the events or just the main?
  • Hey gang the full schedule is up here now: Montreal Poker | Playground Poker Club :: PokerStars Canada Cup 2014

Satellites are only for the Main Event - most of the other events are low enough buy-in that sats don't really make sense.

We'll have all structures and rules up on the site sometime next week (trying for Tuesday) but if you're looked at a rules/structure sheet for any of our events in the past you'll find little difference for similar tournaments.

Obviously we're thrilled to be partnering with PokerStars for this series. It should be a good one!

As always I'll be around to answer any questions.
  • Wow, never been to the playground before and the lower buy in event makes it very attractive and the structure is similar to Brantford.

Any suggestions on where to stay ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Any suggestions on where to stay ?

hotel imo
  • We've changed hotels - the Holiday Inn we used to work with is now a McGill University residence! Or at least it's being converted or something. Anyhow the hotels will be the Residence Inn Marriott on Lincoln and the Sheraton Center on Rene-Levesque. We don't have rates yet or booking codes though.
  • Will the poker rates also apply during next month's WPT CSC? I'm looking for a place to stay from March 23. Is Motel Rustik safe enough for the only things I need of: sleep, shower, Wifi & parking? Has anybody stayed at Hotel Des Arts or used AirBNB.com?

Anybody I know interested in carpooling and/or splitting accomodations >= March 23?
    mikelbyl wrote: »
    We've changed hotels - the Holiday Inn we used to work with is now a McGill University residence! Or at least it's being converted or something. Anyhow the hotels will be the Residence Inn Marriott on Lincoln and the Sheraton Center on Rene-Levesque. We don't have rates yet or booking codes though.
  • Talk to me closer to date.
    Can not commit so early.

BlondeFish wrote: »
    Will the poker rates also apply during next month's WPT CSC? I'm looking for a place to stay from March 23. Is Motel Rustik safe enough for the only things I need of: sleep, shower, Wifi & parking? Has anybody stayed at Hotel Des Arts or used AirBNB.com?

Anybody I know interested in carpooling and/or splitting accomodations >= March 23?
  • If anybody is interested in the Mega Overlay Satellite, see
    Mega Overlay Satellite to PokerStars Canada Cup: May 1-4, 2014.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    hotel imo

la dee dah...look who is all fancy
  • A friend wanted to keep sleeping in his car instead of paying for a motel. I took pity on him and let him sleep in the living room sofabed of our two bedroom apartment. Meanwhile, the WPT/PartyPoker VIPs were staying at the W Montreal Hotel, where Justin Bieber had invited at least three female Beliebers to his room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHacVoSgtYo
    :rolleyes:
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    la dee dah...look who is all fancy
  • For those interested, OPT is running a $260CAD sat to this on April 25th.