Woodbine regs check in.

What's your username and what stakes do you play?

Were any of you around when Johnson won that $2000 pot at 1-2 and started dancing and laughing manically? It was hilarious.

Comments

• I used to be a reg there, but I won't go back until they have MTTs or extend the SNG deadline.
  • I haven't been around there in a while. Some pretty sick pots at the 1/2 limits that I play there. sn: Dave. Whats your username and limits you play?
  • Everyone says it's such easy money there, is that true?
  • If that were true, everyone on the forum would have thrown everything away and gone pro already! I rarely saw more than one person I knew there when I used to play there regularly before the WPT Fallsview satellites started.
    Popkorn wrote: »
    Everyone says it's such easy money there, is that true?
  • It was easy money when it just opened November 2012.
    I still go sometimes but not regularly. (usually once a week (Mondays)
    my user name is YAMAA.

too many set ups.
    My biggest winning session at 1/2 came from woodbine. over 3k.
  • The_Game wrote: »
    too many set ups.
    Sigh, the so-called "set-ups" have similar frequency as Fallsview, Brantford, online, Las Vegas, underground, etc., etc. I have played several MIRRION hands to prove it.

I have a meeting with the PokerTek owner, so does anybody have any serious questions aside from "Why is this poker game I'm losing at rigged against only me?" :rolleyes:
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I have a meeting with the PokerTek owner, so does anybody have any serious questions aside from "Why is this poker game I'm losing at rigged against only me?" :rolleyes:

I'm curious if there is a chance that some sort of algorithm is programmed to help bad/losing players win occasionally. Kind of like a "catch up assist" in old school racing games, to keep people coming back to play like they have a chance? But even if that existed Pokertek will never admit it. Similar to any online poker accounts that have admin access, because the smart ones don't get caught.
  • No, because it is the bad/losing players that whine the most about Woodbine/online must be rigged, but they keep losing! The rich get richer, and the poor players get poorer. These bad players eventually give up, but they will blame continually going busto on the "rigged algorithm" instead of them not being good enough to beat the max $5 rake.

While PokerStars has high standards for game fairness, PokerTek is much more regulated and had to be inspected by both the Nevada gaming commission and possibly the strictest gaming commission in the entire world - our beloved AGCO!

Anyway, I can ask the PokerTek exec your question, but I already know that bad/losing players will never believe that it is something else besides the machine that makes them lose.
    Popkorn wrote: »
    I'm curious if there is a chance that some sort of algorithm is programmed to help bad/losing players win occasionally.