Vegas best times to travel

Planning a trip. Is there a season that is cheaper then others?

Comments

• Jacen299 wrote: »
    Planning a trip. Is there a season that is cheaper then others?

Not sure if you've seen this thread, but there's a boat load of collective info in here about travel, hotels, gambooling, etc. Not sure if best season info is covered much as the degens around here would be in Vegas any day of the year.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/ding-ding-post-vegas-deals-here-18007/
  • i've heard august is cheap because it's crazy hot and no one travels there then.
  • Not sure if you've seen this thread, but there's a boat load of collective info in here about travel, hotels, gambooling, etc. Not sure if best season info is covered much as the degens around here would be in Vegas any day of the year.

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/ding-ding-post-vegas-deals-here-18007/

that thread didn't really help me... 10 pages of peoples deals they got or knew of dating back half a decade. Plus the thread died out 2 years ago last post.

Trigs reply was the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks.
  • Week before Christmas is about the lowest but flights are more expensive. Overall first or second week of November (flight and room) is about as cheap as you get.

It's probably better to go in high season when the rooms are packed with bad tourists. Nov to Feb is pretty miserable weather wise too.

If you go to caesars.com you can look at room rates two months at a time and see when rates go lower. Sweet spot for booking is about 4 months in advance.
  • moose wrote: »
    Week before Christmas is about the lowest but flights are more expensive. Overall first or second week of November (flight and room) is about as cheap as you get.

It's probably better to go in high season when the rooms are packed with bad tourists. Nov to Feb is pretty miserable weather wise too.

If you go to caesars.com you can look at room rates two months at a time and see when rates go lower. Sweet spot for booking is about 4 months in advance.

Do they get increasingly higher as you get closer to arrival, or is there a last minute price drop also?
  • It just depends on how occupancy goes. You can gamble that is slower than expected and prices may drop but usually they seem to rise.

It seems to me that at about the 4 month window, the hotel has given up on any large bookings like conferences, weddings, fight nights etc and can reasonably predict how full they will be based on individual bookings.

As you say, they may be a last minute drop as well if occupancy is low across the strip and hotels are fighting for the last bookings.
  • I had my first trip to Vegas last year start of June.

While very fun next time I go I think I'll have to go in April or later say September/October/November.

Heat was really much.
  • Personally the best combo of weather and cheap seems to be early in Sept right after the kids go back to school.
  • bout 350

PM