Gauging Interest in Monthly Peterborough Game/Tourney??

I was thinking of possibly running a rake-free tour or monthly game in Peterborough amongst formers. As far as I know It is legal to run a game as long as I'm not making money from it. As for the details, I will plan something If I get enough interest.

Peterborough is about 45 mins from the GBH if your wondering.

Comments

• I got some friends out that way that I can spread the word to. Let me know when you get enough guys for a game, they're mostly into cash games or mtt's.

I heard about a tournament out near Roseneath (alderville), I think it may have passed but I will let you know if there's another one. I've been to one of these tourneys and they usually get over 40 players, I beleive it's a shoot out tourney. (buy in is around $50-$60)
    Also it's a great way to meet people and find players for your game. I will get back to you about this.
  • I got some friends out that way that I can spread the word to. Let me know when you get enough guys for a game, they're mostly into cash games or mtt's.

I heard about a tournament out near Roseneath (alderville), I think it may have passed but I will let you know if there's another one. I've been to one of these tourneys and they usually get over 40 players, I beleive it's a shoot out tourney. (buy in is around $50-$60)
    Also it's a great way to meet people and find players for your game. I will get back to you about this.

Sounds good man,the Alderville tourney just passed but I might go to the next one. I will mostly be running single table tournaments with buy-ins of $50-$175. Was thinking of doing some type of tour/series with points for top 3 finishes.
  • Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest from forumers... I would like to host a tourney and invite other poker players from Peterborough but I don't know if it would be legal? I was going to find a location to do it, and take no profit/rake.... Is there any risk in doing this?
  • Don't think there are many/any? PFC'ers close to Peterborough..

IMO as long as you are returning all monies collected back to the players I think you are ok.. Lots of us hold and play at games like that all the time.

Also why not play at Rocky's games (YRPL)? Don't think they are too far from you.
  • compuease wrote: »

Also why not play at Rocky's games (YRPL)? Don't think they are too far from you.
    That's where I would go, it seems like they get 90-100 every game. It would be about an 1.5 hr drive.
  • Was just an idea, I don't think I will be going through with this unless the interest for it picks up. Once I get to know more players in the area I will probably try to start one up.
  • If you held the Peterborough game in Kitchener I would definitely be there!