Royal Cup XV team thread, Apr 12th, 2014

Comments

• chavoto wrote: »
    Can you send me the location name and address to my email so I can forward it to players

Sent...
  • The link you sent me is has nothing about the address
  • chavoto wrote: »
    The link you sent me is has nothing about the address

pm'ed again, same place as last few events.
  • Prophet22 has entered a team called "The Unknowns". Now at 8 teams..
  • The Unknowns

Omaha
    Tom
    Dave
    Katie
    Brent

Stud
    Eduardo
    Dan
    Vern
    Theo
  • Just a reminder to all team captains. Please remind your players...

- no nuts, cept for the breathing variety... allergies...

- please no bringing in food/drink, etc to the venue.. We get the room/facilities for free on condition they make money off the bar/restaurant. Fair deal I think.. If you bring in a Timmie's in the morning, no issue but please don't brink your lunch pail into the room. ;). If you have a legimate dietary, etc reason, let me know and I'll get it pre-approved.
    At one previous event we had a player bring in a thermos filled with questionable substance and that's just not right..
  • HBK added

Mark
  • Below are the Official Rosters. If I need to make any changes, please let me know by 9:00pm TONIGHT.

"mmoose" Fran | Loose Moose
    "holychow" Justin | Loose Moose
    Drew M | Loose Moose
    "bfillmaff" | Loose Moose
    "moose" Rob | Loose Moose
    "SeekTheGrail" Steve | Loose Moose
    "flash05" Pete | Loose Moose
    "peteski" Pete | Loose Moose

"DrTyore" Mark | HBK
    "TwoThree" Braad | HBK
    Yuliana | HBK
    Carsey | HBK
    "Buzzzardd" Dave | HBK
    "ItsaMe" Mario | HBK
    "Aiki65" Don | HBK
    Frank | HBK

"compuease" Jeff | Milton Rocks
    "g2" Greg | Milton Rocks
    "ddmilcan" Dave | Milton Rocks
    Mark | Milton Rocks
    "BIGBOB" Bob | Milton Rocks
    Michelle D | Milton Rocks
    Derrick B | Milton Rocks
    Paul | Milton Rocks

"KangaX5" Jenn | Team Nomad
    Steve S | Team Nomad
    "redneckpkrplr" | Team Nomad
    "Milo" Anthony | Team Nomad
    "Bigslik77" | Team Nomad
    "djgolfcan" Devon | Team Nomad
    Brad C | Team Nomad
    "beanie42" Trevor | Team Nomad

"Wolffhound" Dave | KitWho?
    "Hobbes" Ron | KitWho?
    "Hellmuth's Mole" Chris | KitWho?
    "DataMn" Al | KitWho?
    "Big E" Eric | KitWho?
    "samcanada" Sam | KitWho?
    "Big Mike" Shawn | KitWho?
    Karen | KitWho?

Brent VR | Grinders
    Mike G | Grinders
    Jory C | Grinders
    "Bankitdrew" Drew P | Grinders
    "TammiM68" Tammi | Grinders
    "Eatmydust23" Sonny | Grinders
    Mike P | Grinders
    Jared A | Grinders

Terry O | Donkey Launchers
    Larry | Donkey Launchers
    Richard | Donkey Launchers
    Rick N | Donkey Launchers
    "chavoto" Bill | Donkey Launchers
    Al C | Donkey Launchers
    Colin | Donkey Launchers
    Wings | Donkey Launchers

Tom | The Unknowns
    Dave | The Unknowns
    Katie | The Unknowns
    "The Prophet 22" Brent | The Unknowns
    Eduardo | The Unknowns
    Dan | The Unknowns
    Vern | The Unknowns
    Theo | The Unknowns
  • Eight teams looks nice.
  • 1 more sleep
  • Really hope you guys (and girls) have a great time!

Someday (when I'm retired) I'll make one of these.
  • Thanks for another fun day.
  • Thanks for the great organizing. It seemed to run super smooth.

Crazy finish. HBK went 8-0 in the heads up round but finished all their matches so early that they had to sit and wait it out to see if their lead would hold. After 3 matches we were 2-1 and knew the only way to win was to finish it out with five straight wins; 7-1. AFAIK we were the only team that had enough matches left that could catch HBK.

One by one we piled up the victories, until it came down to Flash05 vs Chavato from the Donkey Launchers. We had to win to finish 1st, which would put HBK in 2nd and the Donkey Launchers in 3rd. Lose and HBK takes it down with the Donkey Launchers in 2nd and Loose Moose finishing in 3rd.

A lot of money on the line and a lot of pressure on Flash and Chavato. The game went on forever, well into the cap and well after all the other matches had finished. 1st allin that I saw, Flash calls Chavato's shove with presto, it looks like it holds on the river until we realize Chavato's four flush takes it down. Next Flash gets short and based on the stack sizes, it pretty much committed after Chavato moves in on the flop overtop Flash's cbet. With about 1k behind he reluctantly calls with 44 vs the flopped pair of 10s. The miracle 4 falls on the river and now Flash is back to the big stack. A few hands later and Flash's AK holds and the Loose Moose take down the championship for the back to back victories.

Actually came back from last place after the limit round to win it all.

seekthegrail heads up vs aiki65 in the stud round.

P1050387.JPG

seekthegrail makes a straight on 7th to take down his stud match.

P1050388.JPG

Couple of captains...

P1050390.JPG

The final heads up match. I think holychow is reminding flash that he plays best when behind and sucks out.

P1050391.JPG

The miracle 4.

P1050393.JPG

The winning hand.

P1050394.JPG

Ship the cookies

P1050396.JPG

Making it rain on Flash.

P1050397.JPG
  • Great day. Was good to be up to 8 teams.
    Thanks to Jeff, Al, Greg and Brent for all their organizing efforts.

Congrats to Loose Moose on the back to back wins.

Great day, thanks too to all the KitWho? players. Great group.
  • Congrats to Loose Moose
  • Very well organized event and a great time overall. Thanks again guys for setting this up!

LOOSE MOOSE FTW!
  • Congrats to the winners . . . and many thanks to Brent for bringing in the eighth team, and especially to the members of Team Nomad. first place all day, but could not hold on in the HU round to cash, finishing on the bubble.

This particular Royal Cup was probably the closest competition of ANY of the ones I have been involved in. 15 points separating first and last place after the first round, and the margins never really got any further apart throughout the day. It made for a nerve-racking, but exciting conclusion to what is always a great day of poker.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

It has always troubled me that this wonderful event has only ever concluded with the awarding of prize money to the victors. All other poker events have a trophy of some sort to hand out, as well. With that in mind, and in keeping with the prestige associated with this event, the FALL edition of the Royal Cup will see the debut of a trophy, to be awarded along with the prize money to the winning squad.
  • moose wrote: »
    HBK went 8-0 in the heads up round

Wow that's incredible. Well done HBK.

Congrats to anyone who left with more money then they arrived with :D
  • Congratulations to Loose Moose on an impressive victory. HBK, I'm sorry I couldn't beat moose headsup.

Great event as always. Big thanks to all the organizers and also to the golf club for the great venue.

Special congratulations to my teammate Hobbes and Steve S. from the Nomads on their co-MVP win. Yet another MVP win for a KitWho? member and $59 for me because I drew Steve's name. Very nice!!
  • So . . . when's the next one?
  • Milo wrote: »
    So . . . when's the next one?
    Dare I offer my place ?
  • Good idea

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • Dare I offer my place ?
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Good idea

Can't afford the gold membership..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Can't afford the gold membership..
    Who said I was going to charge you anything ?

Maybe the Royal Cup events can be done on a monthly basis. Just a suggestion.
  • Who said I was going to charge you anything ?

Maybe the Royal Cup events can be done on a monthly basis. Just a suggestion.
    Bill, you really don't get subtle humor do you? And no, the Royal is a special event and just wouldn't be the same run monthly...

We have asked the players before and almost to a person, the current venue is great...Including the location, since the majority of the players are K/W/Cambridge...

Why are you so against coming out to current events and playing..Meet the players and enjoy.. No one (or at least almost no one) is looking for free poker..That is so 2004/5..
  • compuease wrote: »
    Bill, you really don't get subtle humor do you? And no, the Royal is a special event and just wouldn't be the same run monthly...

We have asked the players before and almost to a person, the current venue is great...Including the location, since the majority of the players are K/W/Cambridge...

Why are you so against coming out to current events and playing..Meet the players and enjoy.. No one (or at least almost no one) is looking for free poker..That is so 2004/5..
    Oh, I probably will come out one of these days and meet everyone, but my first
    objective is to get my present project off the ground, and wouldn't it be so much
    easier meeting everyone at my place since it's already set up.

I tend to disagree with you about the free poker thing, because, although it's
    free fun poker, the opportunity for GOLD MEMBERS that win the 7 pm tournament
    will be entry to 5 playoffs for 5 different satellite events, ranging from $150 to
    $1090 as explained in my initial blog. Red Hot Poker or WPT or any other league
    has nothing to compare. I'm trying to give my GOLD MEMBERS good value and
    I think I am. I can't help it if the members of this forum can't recognize it. If you
    win the $1090 entry, you have a shot at over $100,000 total prize. If you happen
    to win, you're probably looking at $30,000 and you don't have to wait 3 or 6 months
    and count points etc., etc., etc. It's all nonsense.

What I'm proposing makes sense. If there are poker players on this site they
    should recognize it. For $30 you have a shot at 5 satellites. That's real value.
  • What part of no don't you understand? You are a forum raper.

• Hey, Greg, I thought you were one of the more intelligent ones. I guess I was wrong.

And what do you mean forum raper ? Explain yourself to the neophites.
  • Oh, I probably will come out one of these days and meet everyone, but my first
    objective is to get my present project off the ground, and wouldn't it be so much
    easier meeting everyone at my place since it's already set up.

I tend to disagree with you about the free poker thing, because, although it's
    free fun poker, the opportunity for GOLD MEMBERS that win the 7 pm tournament
    will be entry to 5 playoffs for 5 different satellite events, ranging from $150 to
    $1090 as explained in my initial blog. Red Hot Poker or WPT or any other league
    has nothing to compare. I'm trying to give my GOLD MEMBERS good value and
    I think I am. I can't help it if the members of this forum can't recognize it. If you
    win the $1090 entry, you have a shot at over $100,000 total prize. If you happen
    to win, you're probably looking at $30,000 and you don't have to wait 3 or 6 months
    and count points etc., etc., etc. It's all nonsense.

What I'm proposing makes sense. If there are poker players on this site they
    should recognize it. For $30 you have a shot at 5 satellites. That's real value.

I play free poker when I want to go mock stupid people.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    I play free poker when I want to go mock stupid people.

Mark

I go play with Mark when I want to do this