Season 22 Update

Hello Fellow Ching Hillers,

As you are aware, we seem to be having difficulty trying to attract enough people for a regular weekly game. As such, I think it would be best to reduce this season to 8 games. This means that the next game (hopefully this week) will be the last game of Season #22.

Since we are reducing the season, as long as you have played one previous event, you will qualify for the Season Ending Tournament (SET) to be scheduled after Game #8 is completed. All other rules with the SET will apply.

After the set is completed there are going to be some changes to the league structure. Here are some suggestions:

1) Cost reduced to $40 ($35 to the nightly pot and $5 to the SET)
2) Cost reduced to $30 ($25 to the nightly pot and $5 to the SET)
3) $40 weekly game, all to the pot and no SET
4) $30 weekly game, all to the pot and no SET
5) $50 weekly game, all to the pot and no SET

Open to any and all constructive thoughts or comments on the above.

I am just trying to be the best host possible. If you would rather PM your thoughts or comments (even negative ones) please do not hesitate. I am a referee so I take criticism well, (almost married to, if that qualifies:p :D)

Hope to see you all at the felt soon.

Comments

• I think the $40 or $50 option with no set is best for now and if down the road we have enough to start the seasons again then great. that is my opinion.
    As well want to thank the host for a great setup and in my opinion you have run a great game and I look forward to many more weeks invading your house
  • My guess: It is either the price or the need to play weekly to get max value from the SET that is keeping people away. Or both.

So let's drop the SET concept for now. AND reduce the buy in. Then we'll see if we can get more people out to the game on a regular basis.

I'd say go with a 30 to 40 buy in. And maybe have a higher buy in once a month.

Without the league constraints you are free to tinker with the parameters and figure out what works.

You have been a great host. Please pass along my gratitude to your family for opening up your home to us each week.

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • but...
    I am away for the next 3 Thursdays

Milton Slim
  • I will echo the earlier comments. As some of you know, my friends and I play a rinky dink little $10 buy-in game amongst ourselves, more as a social night than a poker night for our group of friends. I sent out an e-mail to that group of folks, along with the wider circle of friends who have played in my infrequent tournaments. I have received no less than four responses indicating a willingness to come out to the Hill under a revamped format that may include either a reduced buy-in, an elimination of the season long commitment, or some combination of both.

My suggestion would be to drop the League format for the present. Combine that with a buy-in of $40.00 each week (which is what was going into the weekly prize pool anyway), and see how that affects attendance.

I fully realize this may alienate some of the regulars, but I would hope it would not do so to the point of affecting their attendance in the future. You are, after all, only trying to "grow the game".

Just my thoughts for now . . .
  • As someone who could not "commit" to an entire season, I rarely came out for one off tournaments to the Hill for that reason.

Having no league component will allow me to make the occasional trip out for a game, maybe as much as once a month.
  • Also, you could bring back the weekend Deepstack tournaments that used to be held as a way of satisfying those who wish a higher buy-in event.