Yeah you can text me now

Goodbye Rogers. Hello Speakout. Free incoming texts now.

Also BBM 75BFE157

Phone number successfully ported today.

Comments

• Is this new? I have the Speakout Alcatel as my emergency cell phone, but I only use Viber on my iPod Touch for texting.
    moose wrote: »
    Goodbye Rogers. Hello Speakout. Free incoming texts now.
  • You still have to pay to text on Rogers??
  • Rogers charges on incoming texts which is super annoying when you get about 20 texts at 2 am from some drunk person mistyping the number they want.

and yes speakout incoming texts are free, outgoing are .10 I believe.
  • I've had all you can eat texting forever... I think it's just a few dollars a month?
  • My plan with Rogers was $9.81 per month. Not many features with that. It got hiked to over $15 so now Speakout is cheaper and has the free incoming texts, free call display and free voice mail.

I would get a real plan if my wife would let me drop the home phone but she won't, so as long as I use wifi for data, this suits me.
  • My wife basically refuses to get a cel phone. Hates the idea of it.

However, earlier this year the car she was driving had the back end drop to the ground at 100Kph. She went through a ditch and ended up in the middle of a corn field in the middle of the night. Pitch black.

She now concedes she would carry one on a pay for use fee and only if it's incredibly cheap.

She doesn't want to source this out and I'm too lazy.
  • moose wrote: »
    yes speakout incoming texts are free
    So I can tell everybody I know to text me as much as they want on my Speakout Alcatel and it's free for both of us even if I'm at Fallsview or WPT Montreal?
    She now concedes she would carry one on a pay for use fee and only if it's incredibly cheap.
    She doesn't want to source this out and I'm too lazy.
    I'm like your wife, seniors, etc. that do not NEED a cellphone except for emergency, & after moose's initial suggestion earlier this year, I went with Speakout. My sister was looking for an emergency cellphone too for our Dad, but she chose a more expensive plan where you have to buy expiring airtime every few months unlike Speakout's 365-day expiry.
  • This is the cheapest deal you can get: get your butt down for MXM tomorrow and I will give you an unlocked bar phone and sim card for free (New in box). Then you activate the sim with speakout and buy a $25 airtime card, which has 365d expiry. (they give a free phone at xmas every year with $100 topups and for a while they were giving out free sim cards too). My wife has been on speakout for over five years with no problems and now that you can top up through the website it is even more convenient. Note: speakout does not have any service in the US.
  • In case anybody else wants a free SIM card, PM me your email address. 7-11 in Toronto stupidly insisted that I needed to buy a SIM card, even after I told them a Speakout phone has a SIM card included, and now the stupid manager wants me to make a third out-of-the-way trip to Toronto so he can argue again about giving me a simple refund from their mistake.
    moose wrote: »
    ... I will give you an unlocked bar phone and sim card for free (New in box).