Season #22 - Game #7 Reload

See the new thread to sign up!

Comments

• I'm going to hold off to the last minute. Maybe I'll go to wb and pay for the rest of the pca trip.

Good luck Jeremy. I hope you get this going

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • out have wife's christmas work dinner next week thenis boxing day dinner at parents house the following week so out then as well.
  • just thinking ahead here. If problems persist on having a weekly game, maybe holding AJs monthly deepstack tournies are an option for the Hill?
  • Not to sound like a dick but we may want to think of renaming this next season as there may be some people who feel the ching hill name went to the grave with A.J
  • I do not think anyone objects to keeping the name going, particularly since I know the effort Jeremy made to ensure that Brenda was okay with the idea. Anyone who has a problem with the League continuing under the Ching Hill banner is misguided, in my opinion. If his widow is okay with it, who among us can quibble?
  • no go this week!

All the best in the Season, Chingers!

Milton Slim

still want the books though!
  • I do not object to the name but I was only saying some might as the season would normally be over by now and I have not seen some of the regular hill players out. To say someone is misguided because they may have a different opinion of what should be or should not be continued is close minded, Not all of us think the same way.

Milo wrote: »
    I do not think anyone objects to keeping the name going, particularly since I know the effort Jeremy made to ensure that Brenda was okay with the idea. Anyone who has a problem with the League continuing under the Ching Hill banner is misguided, in my opinion. If his widow is okay with it, who among us can quibble?
  • Easy guys, let's not panic here. I think it would be best that we delay the weekly game until the new year.

I know that our numbers are small, and I have been thinking about some changes that could be made to entice more players to venture out, unfortunately we can't implement these changes until this season has completed it's run as there is money that is building for the SET.

I have thought about hosting a Deep Stack tourney on a Saturday, and will be looking at scheduling something that hopefully will not conflict with another scheduled tourney, as I don't want to thin the player pool out.

I hope that there are no issues with hosting site. I know parking can be a bit tight, but I believe the same parking situation occurred with AJ. I have no plans to shut this down, and will continue to try hosting games as long as their are players interested in playing.

Everyone have a great Christmas and I will see you all in the New Year!

Please do not hesitate to contact me via PM, email or phone should you have any questions or concerns with how things are being run. I do take criticism well, as I see it as an opportunity for improvement for the betterment of all.
  • Hey Jeremy

No I think you are running a great game I was just putting it out there to see if anyone thought or knows anyone that has a problem with league staying with the same name. I am fine with it but at the same time I would like to see more people out so we are not always playing for such small pots. If you run a deepstack on a Saturday i'm sure I can get a couple people to join us.

Again you run a great game so as much as I would like to criticize you I can't think of anything. I mean hell you even accommodate my bad back with a big chair.:)

HitmenZ24 wrote: »
    Easy guys, let's not panic here. I think it would be best that we delay the weekly game until the new year.

I know that our numbers are small, and I have been thinking about some changes that could be made to entice more players to venture out, unfortunately we can't implement these changes until this season has completed it's run as there is money that is building for the SET.

I have thought about hosting a Deep Stack tourney on a Saturday, and will be looking at scheduling something that hopefully will not conflict with another scheduled tourney, as I don't want to thin the player pool out.

I hope that there are no issues with hosting site. I know parking can be a bit tight, but I believe the same parking situation occurred with AJ. I have no plans to shut this down, and will continue to try hosting games as long as their are players interested in playing.

Everyone have a great Christmas and I will see you all in the New Year!

Please do not hesitate to contact me via PM, email or phone should you have any questions or concerns with how things are being run. I do take criticism well, as I see it as an opportunity for improvement for the betterment of all.
  • Hey whats up guys. I am new to the forum and new to poker. I was wondering if I could join you guys tommorow?
  • Djsamphard wrote: »
    Hey whats up guys. I am new to the forum and new to poker. I was wondering if I could join you guys tommorow?

Game has been delayed until the New Year, but you are more than welcome to attend and hope to see you at the next event which should be on January 2nd, 2014
  • Thank you very much sir.
  • Djsamphard wrote: »
    Hey whats up guys. I am new to the forum and new to poker. I was wondering if I could join you guys tommorow?
    Welcome to the forum. Post a "wasup" in the Introduction section.