25 man live tourney - top 3 get paid.

rebuy/re-entry available during first 5 levels.
We are at level 3 100/200. Starting stack is 10k, we have accumulated a few chips, increased stack to 14k.We have not shown down anything, just won a few pots uncontested.
To the hand... table chip leader is UTG and makes it 650. It is folded around to us, in one before the cut off, dealt AQo. Still to act behind us is cutoff that has been quiet not getting involved much. Button, SB and BB all three know to be loose, some would say maniacs. I know all 3 from past games and know they are all capable of trying a squeeze.

What would you do in this spot with AQo?

Comments

• A squeeze by the maniacs is only possible if you call. Three bet with the hand to about 1800 and then stack off once one of the maniacs pushes. Its actually quite a nice way to collect chips in this spot.
  • Rebuy tourney: raise to 1600-1800. Evaluate if re-raised based on read - I'm calling or shoving a good 60% of the time.

Non-rebuy: raise to 1600-1800, fold to re-raise unless you have a very strong read!
  • Anyone calling? Pot control. The players behind are capable of squeeze or having a better ace or a real hand as well as original raiser could to.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    Anyone calling? Pot control. The players behind are capable of squeeze or having a better ace or a real hand as well as original raiser could to.

I'm not calling here. Raising probably 1800ish. If reads on maniacs is right and one reraises or pushes, AQ is ahead of their range I would imagine. Now if original raiser plays back I am re-evaluating.
  • What's your read on chip leader? Knowing what he's raising utg is probably more important than speculating on what the players behind you will do. If his utg opening range is wider than most, 3 betting can be fine. If his range is tight, flatting or even folding may be better.

If I'm 3-betting, you can get away with 3-betting much smaller than 1800. I'd go to something like 1150 and play a smaller pot with position.

I know it's a rebuy tournament but I'm surprised by the number of people that are saying they'd just stack off for 70bb with AQ. The OP's description of the button, SB, and BB don't even sound convincing as maniac players to me.
  • What's your read on chip leader? Knowing what he's raising utg is probably more important than speculating on what the players behind you will do. If his utg opening range is wider than most, 3 betting can be fine. If his range is tight, flatting or even folding may be better.

If I'm 3-betting, you can get away with 3-betting much smaller than 1800. I'd go to something like 1150 and play a smaller pot with position.

I know it's a rebuy tournament but I'm surprised by the number of people that are saying they'd just stack off for 70bb with AQ. The OP's description of the button, SB, and BB don't even sound convincing as maniac players to me.
    Thanks for your input.

Chip leader(table) has been hitting some hands. Raising preflop then hitting top set. I haven't seen him raise utg. But I have seen him raise and get reraised, then let it go.
    Said maniacs were called maniacs by a couple of my friends from the same league that I know them as we'll as I do. Not sure i would call them maniacs but they are preflop aggressive. And all know how to apply a squeeze. And could holding any 2 cards.
    Anyone calling? Pot control. The players behind are capable of squeeze or having a better ace or a real hand as well as original raiser could to.

I dont care about pot control in a rebuy.
  • wetts1012 wrote: »
    i dont care about pot control in a rebuy.

qft
  • AQo is killing me!
    5th level 200/400. 10 minutes left in rebuy period. My original stack of 10k is 16k. UTG new to the table min raises to 800. I'm next with AQo and make it 2000. a guy 2 seats to my left flats. UTG calls. pot is 6000, I have both villians covered.
    Flop comes ten J Q rainbow.
    I c bet 3500 caller behind me pushes with about 4800 more then my 3500. UTG folds.
    I can't figure out what I am ahead of but with TPTK and a gut shot I convince myself to call. Also thinking if I lose I can play loose for 10 minutes and perhaps rebuy. I call. He turns over 99. wow I'm ahead. before I can compute no 8 or 9 and I'm good, I see the 9 hit the turn. puke.
    AQo is killing me!
    5th level 200/400. 10 minutes left in rebuy period. My original stack of 10k is 16k. UTG new to the table min raises to 800. I'm next with AQo and make it 2000. a guy 2 seats to my left flats. UTG calls. pot is 6000, I have both villians covered.
    Flop comes ten J Q rainbow.
    I c bet 3500 caller behind me pushes with about 4800 more then my 3500. UTG folds.
    I can't figure out what I am ahead of but with TPTK and a gut shot I convince myself to call. Also thinking if I lose I can play loose for 10 minutes and perhaps rebuy. I call. He turns over 99. wow I'm ahead. before I can compute no 8 or 9 and I'm good, I see the 9 hit the turn. puke.

Since it was the right call, the result is irrelevant...
    Although ur behind a lot of the time.. probably the only hands you can beat here are 99s and KQ
    Also i think that paying for a rebuy at the very end is not profitable since blinds are pretty high unless its a deep stack tourny then a big deal