Toronto Aces Poker Club will not pay out their prizes

Hello Everyone

As some members and players in the Poker community know, I was a co-organizer of the Toronto Aces Poker Club. Ron and I had a deal worked out and he took over the Toronto Aces Poker. After the deal was completed I then decided to open “The Poker Place”. A club with transparency and accountability to its members.

As it worked out, I previously won a seat to Special #29 at Toronto Aces Poker Club. I won that tournament and suppose to receive a ticket to the 2014 Fallsview Classic $1000 Buy-In. After I notice my name was taken down as the winner of special #29 on all correspondents, I try several times to contact Ron as to why my name was removed. After the 3rd attempt I finally received a call from Ron. I have been told that he thought it was fair that I do not receive my prize because I opened a new club as a competitor.

I won the seat to the special by entering a $100 tournament and then won the special. This has nothing to do with the business side of things and I deserve what I won legitimately.

This is a lame excuse and a very shameful way to do business. Just wanted to let everyone in the poker community know.

This is the perfect example why I did not what to be associated with Ron Shepherd and The Toronto Aces Poker Club. He has no morals or loyalties to his members.

This is a warning to all players. If you decide to play there, play at your own risk.

Comments

• you sure showed him
  • Hello Everyone

As some members and players in the Poker community know, I was a co-organizer of the Toronto Aces Poker Club. Ron and I had a deal worked out and he took over the Toronto Aces Poker. After the deal was completed I then decided to open “The Poker Place”. A club with transparency and accountability to its members.

As it worked out, I previously won a seat to Special #29 at Toronto Aces Poker Club. I won that tournament and suppose to receive a ticket to the 2014 Fallsview Classic $1000 Buy-In. After I notice my name was taken down as the winner of special #29 on all correspondents, I try several times to contact Ron as to why my name was removed. After the 3rd attempt I finally received a call from Ron. I have been told that he thought it was fair that I do not receive my prize because I opened a new club as a competitor.

I won the seat to the special by entering a $100 tournament and then won the special. This has nothing to do with the business side of things and I deserve what I won legitimately.

This is a lame excuse and a very shameful way to do business. Just wanted to let everyone in the poker community know.

This is the perfect example why I did not what to be associated with Ron Shepherd and The Toronto Aces Poker Club. He has no morals or loyalties to his members.

This is a warning to all players. If you decide to play there, play at your own risk.
    I played in this tournament as well, and if Ron of the Toronto aces poker club are not giving you the seat or the cash back, then that means I loose my equity in that tournament as well, I think this is dis-honourable and I would like my $120 that I paid into this tournament back. I did not pay to play and unfortunately get knocked out in the top 6 just to find out that maybe I wouldn't get the ticket or the equity involved as well.

Ron, if you read this, have enough class to pay the ticket so I do not loose my equity, I think this is only fair to all of the players that were involved in that tournament. Or as a minimal pay all the players back the $120 that was paid for playing in the special tournament.
    Over the entire month you collected the players money towards this special tournament and more for the players that did not win a seat, for a total of 16 players in that tournament, maybe 6 won seat and the 10 others paid cash to get in, so you actually collect approximately $2000.00 towards the fallsview classic tournament, truly there should have been 2 seat tickets, and thus more chances of equity for the other players, so where is the money going now, in your pocket...

Well, I personally would like my money back please.
    John P
  • Well this could get interesting, however if this gets into a he said/she said type of situation between clubs I will quickly put a stop to it on here. This is not the forum for handling disputes, please take it offline and maybe summarize the end result publically?
  • Bf was right

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • compuease wrote: »
    Well this could get interesting, however if this gets into a he said/she said type of situation between clubs I will quickly put a stop to it on here. This is not the forum for handling disputes, please take it offline and maybe summarize the end result publically?
    I think that maybe you are right. but feel that all players should know and have the right to know that if they are playing at any club, the seat should always be honoured. I shall no longer post anything on this issue.
    Well this could get interesting, however if this gets into a he said/she said type of situation between clubs I will quickly put a stop to it on here. This is not the forum for handling disputes, please take it offline and maybe summarize the end result publically?

This post was not put up to handle a dispute. I'm just letting the poker world know how Toronto Aces operates. This is one of the reasons I opened "The Poker Place". I want a club with integrity and accountability to their members.

BTW. It not a he siad/she said situation. I paid and won a seat legitimately to quailfy for the satellite special to Fallsview. Then I won the Satellite. Their were 16 players there that can confirm that. Not only is he not paying out the prize but all the players that played in the satellite no longer have a player representing them for the equity portion. This is a disgraceful way to do business. I hope he refunds everyone's money and not just keep it for himself.
  • That remind me. Where is harthgosh these days.

• you win a seat you should be given that seat, regardless of what has happened between the both of you.

here is just an update on what I found on Toronto Aces Meetup Site.

Toronto Aces has posted on his meetup discussion forum that this is a lie

LOOK WHAT I FOUND..... - Toronto Ontario Aces Poker Club (Scarborough , ON) - Meetup

but as you notice below your name as Special #29 winner has been removed

(taken for toronto aces meetup group as listed on their next event description)
    CONGRATULATIONS TO UPCOMING

FALLSVIEW POKER CLASSIC SEAT SPECIAL WINNERS

#30 YOU ???

#27 DON WOTICKY #28 ROY FHOUZG

OTHER SPECIAL WINNERS

FULL TILT-MONTREAL 2013 MILLION+ MAIN EVENT

#26 JASON JAY

$1000.00 SUMMER CASH INJECTION

#25 SHABBA POPAT #24 TAJ McCALL

WSOP 2013 RIO HOTEL LAS VEGAS

#23 GEORGE GU
  • SteveKerr wrote: »

It's pretty amusing that he called PFC both a "rival site" and a sponsor on the same page.
  • He can say what he wants. All the players at Special #29 knows who won.

$1000.00 loss is not the end of the world. But stiffing someone for $1000 and be able to sleep at night is something else.
  • Pretty simple, if you won he owes you the seat. Not unless you owe him money for something else. Then it gets complicated.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Pretty simple, if you won he owes you the seat. Not unless you owe him money for something else. Then it gets complicated.

I do not owe him any money. Everything was sorted out when we split in mid October. The Satellite was played Mid Nov and nothing was mentioned when he welcomed me to play. And nothing was mentioned after I won 2 weeks ago. This was sprung on me this morning after trying to contact him for 3 straight days after he removed my name from the winner's list.
  • Anyone remember what HVEE's last name is? I know his first name is Ron. Hmmm...
    Anyone remember what HVEE's last name is? I know his first name is Ron. Hmmm...

Bwaaaahhaaahahahahahaha!

But no, its not Shepherd. :-X
  • Prophet22 was pretty tight with him.. he may know

Mark
  • Illegal poker clubs arguing over who is less illegitimate = lolaments
  • loose ESL ftw
  • maybe 41 or 43 division could help settle the dispute
  • Def call the cops.

I haz robbed.

• Lies from a backstabber
  • Does this forum allow slander ?
    The prize he is lying about is not even on sale yet
  • i think that maybe you are right. But feel that all players should know and have the right to know that if they are playing at any club, the seat should always be honoured. I shall no longer post anything on this issue.

look for yourself--group teaming up against anyone who plays in there clubs --just look at players list every game -same 6 to 8 team
    both organizers just won both of there - $1000 games saturdaynov30 (poker placewing seto)and sunday dec1 sharksjohnportalance........just a coincedenve....you deside

the main reason wing left my club was to make more money--period--no other reason
  • There were 28 ----$1000 games--- without any complaints -in over 2 years--before this lie--fact
  • This is obviously just fueling the fire.. Thread locked, take your dispute offline..
This discussion has been closed.