PokerTracker questions - autorating players

Hi, I was just wondering what other people are doing about autorating players? I've only got a few thousand hands in so far (last 2 weeks), and I've been using the suggested ratings from [URL=http:///www.bet-the-pot.com/poker-tracker-part-2a-page44.html]www.bet-the-pot.com[/URL] , but they are for No Limit, so I don't think they're really accurate for limit. I'm playing what I think is a pretty solid game (V$IP <25%, PFR 6-7%), and it's still labeling me TPA. I was a Rock Killer (TAA) for a while, but it wasn't sustainable once my good run of cards ended. Does anyone have a link to different ratings, or other resources for Limit?

As always, any info is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Comments

• I use a modified version of an autorating system that I orignally found on the TwoPlusTwo forums. Try a forum search there for "poker tracker autorate" or something like that.

ScottyZ
  • What do people think of these?? They seem a little more inline for Limit to me. Thoughts?
  • Try pokertrackers forums too. Do a search for Drivett. He put a set of rules for autorating that works well. It makes a good starting point and you can tweak them as you see fit.

EDIT**** LOL I must of been typing while you posted. That's the ruleset I was referring to. :tongue:
  • bisonbison' autorate for limit

And the thread that justifies it..

2+2 thread
  • If you use poker tracker, you may want to get the Poker Tracker guide from here: http://www.pokertrackerguide.com/

It has a set of auto-rate rules that are pretty good, and some really great tips on how to use Poker Tracker.
  • As always, great responses. I will definitely be looking into these tonight when I get home. Thanks everyone. :D

Paul
  • Heres a TIP. Set a custom rating for VPIP where the players are over 60! Then add them to your buddy list and let the good times roll!
  • Question: Does anyone effectively use info on other players while playing Sit and go's?

Tip: Download gametime+ and you can superimpose a heads up display of your opponents statistics while you are playing. You can set PT to autoimport watched hands, and leave a few tables open for a bit. Then choose the juciest one, and you already have book on them. This only works in cash games.

I was wondering if anyone has any way of doing something similar with SNGs?
  • OK, I've been using Pokertracker for quite a while now, and autorating players, but there seems to be an odd Glitch (?) with both the Bison rules suggested by BBC Z, and the Drivett rules suggested by ol-stone-face.  The issue is that when a player goes above the aggression factor specified for TAA (eagle icon), they are instantly labeled SLP-P(mini-fish).  I was playing as a TAA player at lower levels, but when I moved up, and aggression becomes more profitable, it listed me as SLP-P (Mini-fish).  I have since adjusted the rules, but I was just wondering if anyone knew what the rationale was for this?

As an example, here is a player at random from my list that this has happened to:

PK309 (pty)
    V$IP = 19.81
    PFR = 8.49%
    A.F. = 4.4

This guy is anything but loose or passive.

Any ideas?  Input?
  • Sounds like a bug to me.
  • What about Went to SD? i want to have this on my poker ace HUD so i can know whos a calling station, what percentages should I set for the green, orange and red levels?
    For limit btw.