Flop AA9
Checked around, hero...

Hand 2 (different table)
Hero UTG+1
Lag straddles UTG to $10
Hero wakes up with AA
Hero...

Comments

• H1. I check. Call or bet 3/4 pot on turn.

H2. If the Caesars 1-3 game is known to raise pre I would call. How does the game there generally play with straddles?
  • 1) I would usually bet last to act (especially if not rainbow flop), around 1/2 pot.

2) I would 3-bet almost all of the time. You lose value slow playing monsters.

Did any satellites run?
  • I'm with BF over Jacen on this one...

"Bunch of limpers" suggests to me like 4-5 players = 12-15 bucks. I bet at that pot, maybe a little more heartily than 1/2 pot though (depending on the table), maybe 7-8 on $12 and up to 10 on $15. If I win, grand. If I get called, it's read dependant.

Hand 2 I need to know more information. If you're UTG+2 clearly you should have re-straddled this time... (I kid), but I go at least $25 here.

Mark
  • to me "bunch of limpers" means the case ace is out there. My theory to check is to control the pot, and not lose your stack. of course pocket pairs could fill up, but all the limping doesn't signal pocket pairs. I still check the flop, bet /call turn.
    Betting out will either... win you a small pot or in all likeliness you'll find out who you're losing a big pot to or perhaps winning a big pot against or chopping a pot with. Anyone holding 9x probably doesn't pay you when you bet flop.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    to me "bunch of limpers" means the case ace is out there. My theory to check is to control the pot, and not lose your stack. of course pocket pairs could fill up, but all the limping doesn't signal pocket pairs. I still check the flop, bet /call turn.
    Betting out will either... win you a small pot or in all likeliness you'll find out who you're losing a big pot to or perhaps winning a big pot against or chopping a pot with. Anyone holding 9x probably doesn't pay you when you bet flop.

I hear what you're saying, but if they're out there with a bigger A - AK, AQ, AJ, should likely have raised (read dependent blah blah). If they call, you have more information and can still pot control on the turn (you're on the button), and if you're ahead, you're getting more money in the pot when you are (weaker A's and PP have to pay to catch up).

Mark
    to me "bunch of limpers" means the case ace is out there. My theory to check is to control the pot, and not lose your stack. of course pocket pairs could fill up, but all the limping doesn't signal pocket pairs. I still check the flop, bet /call turn.

This was my thinking exactly. If I'm ahead, I've smashed the flop and I'm not getting any action except from hands that have me crushed.

Hand 1: hero checks behind on flop
    Turn: AA99
    BB bets out $10, everyone else folds, horrible player to my right calls, hero?

Hand 2 (different table)
    Hero UTG+1
    Lag straddles UTG to $10
    Hero wakes up with AA
    Hero...pops it to $30, bad player in late position flats, straddler, complains, looks and calls. He will play almost ATC when he knows he is up against a big hand and is likely to stack you.
    Flop: 2 4 6, 2 spades, UTG checks, hero...I should mention that all 3 of us have effective stacks of 300-450, with UTG about the biggest, pot is $94.
  • moose wrote: »
    This was my thinking exactly. If I'm ahead, I've smashed the flop and I'm not getting any action except from hands that have me crushed.

How deep are the stacks?
  • I have about 300 the other two guys have less, prolly under 200
    Hand 2 (different table)
    Hero UTG+1
    Lag straddles UTG to $10
    Hero wakes up with AA
    Hero...

I think theres an OK risk/reward on this by limping. Especially if you've seen him smash his straddle already.

The con is it may get limped 5-6 ways, but I prefer limp 3-betting pre.
    I have about 300 the other two guys have less, prolly under 200

So only thing to fear is quad nines. I wouldn't be able to put anyone on pocket nines. So lets build a pot. Perhaps anyone holding a 9 pays you off.
    So only thing to fear is quad nines. I wouldn't be able to put anyone on pocket nines. So lets build a pot. Perhaps anyone holding a 9 pays you off.

Obviously theres no suggestion that we should ever fold.

The question is whether raising or flatting turn and amount of river bet.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    1) I would usually bet last to act (especially if not rainbow flop), around 1/2 pot.

2) I would 3-bet almost all of the time. You lose value slow playing monsters.

Did any satellites run?

Satellites have run at least two Sundays in a row. Looks like they have been using the daily tourney to give out seats instead of cash.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Obviously theres no suggestion that we should ever fold.

The question is whether raising or flatting turn and amount of river bet.

Ya moose. Don't fold.

Hand 2 (different table)
    Hero UTG+1
    Lag straddles UTG to $10
    Hero wakes up with AA
    Hero...pops it to $30, bad player in late position flats, straddler, complains, looks and calls. He will play almost ATC when he knows he is up against a big hand and is likely to stack you.
    Flop: 2 4 6, 2 spades, UTG checks, hero...I should mention that all 3 of us have effective stacks of 300-450, with UTG about the biggest, pot is $94.

Hand 1: hero flats, not looking to shake anyone yet.
    River J, also completing flush. sb bets $10 again, horrible player raises to $30, hero?

Hand 2: hero bets $60, late player calls, UTG checks cards and calls.
    Turn: A, UTG checks, hero?