any game tonight

any game tonight?

Comments

• Welcome to our home.. Participate, learn and enjoy!
  • rhboomboom wrote: »
    any game tonight?
    The Scarborough Sharks Poker Club has a great game going, 18 players total and rebuys and so on, however now the game is at the final table.

Check us out for future games at: Scarborough Sharks Poker Club (Scarborough , ON) - Meetup

Hope to see you next time, take care.
  • The Scarborough Sharks Poker Club has a great game going,
    Hope to see you next time, take care.

I think you just invited an on duty cop out to your underground game
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I think you just invited an on duty cop out to your underground game
    Well if so, then he would have been here already, as we have posted several games and info here in the past. So, I guess he would have already came and seen that were not to bad at all.
  • Well if so, then he would have been here already, as we have posted several games and info here in the past

from his stats:

from his stats:

Very Possible, however again, if so he would still know about the club, as it is posted all over the forum, therefore nothing much for me to do at this point, maybe not post is about all that can be done, again we are all over the forum..........
  • Well if so, then he would have been here already, as we have posted several games and info here in the past. So, I guess he would have already came and seen that were not to bad at all.
    We have had the police in our club, we also talked to the officers at 43 division and the gaming control and others, we have no cash games and they have checked out what we do and how we run. and we are not breaking any laws. we can operate with no restraints as long as we have no alcohol or sell food or have any cash games, thus we shall continue to operate in the same manner as in the past.

We thank all comments as this helped us to verify all of these matters. and now we know for sure we are actually not an underground club, and can now say we are legit.
    Again, thanks everyone.
  • rhboomboom wrote: »
    any game tonight?
    Yes, there is a $120 tourney at Brantford tonight. At Rama, all 12 tables were running yesterday since 1 PM.
    We have had the police in our club, we also talked to the officers at 43 division and the gaming control and others, we have no cash games and they have checked out what we do and how we run. and we are not breaking any laws. we can operate with no restraints as long as we have no alcohol or sell food or have any cash games, thus we shall continue to operate in the same manner as in the past.

We thank all comments as this helped us to verify all of these matters. and now we know for sure we are actually not an underground club, and can now say we are legit.
    That is a very unique interpretation of the Criminal Code of Canada! :baffled: I wanna open up a "legit" club and charge 25% rake! I'm gonna call it "Too Legit To Quit" club, and 100% of rebuys will go to a Charity Foundation. :D
  • and can now say we are legit.

good to hear for you and your members! Just out of curiosity, how much rake does the government take from your rake?
    good to hear for you and your members! Just out of curiosity, how much rake does the government take from your rake?

lol!!!!!
    OK, one more time, as it seems that I have not clearly posted, I am not saying that we are 100%, and if we do a charity, then we must get a charity license and show all our books and much more, therefore no charity, too much work honestly, we just want to play.

Also you can call it a rake or anything else you want as can we, the truth of the matter is, we asked our members and all that come to play at our club, and all said that doing the optionals as we do is what they prefer, and that if players do not want the options they do not have to take them, they choose so to help the club stay open and for the free (or through the options) drinks and snacks, that they are all perfectly willing to support us and the club. therefore complain all you want, but we listen to our members and try our best to do as much as the members want.

Just an FYI, we barely cover our expenses (either you believe us or not, no matter as we do know), and yet we do not change many things and costs for the club, so how are we raking as you say. I guess you think that because you don't want to support the place where you play, that nobody should. Our members feel different about it and thus they support us, we show all of our books and how much the club makes to any one at any time they ask.

Any ways, enough supporting all the bad yacking and complainers out there as this seems to be all they can do. If you can't do better, then don't bicker so much. try out the clubs and make up your own minds.

Thanks and have a good day.
  • I have a funny feeling that yacking and complaining is the reason there are three clubs to begin with.

Anyway, I just moved to Scarborough and like to play poker with real people. What I don't want is to walk into some turf war. So some background research is required before I walk into a place to play a somewhat illegal card game.

I personally think you all have severe gambling problems if you need to play seven days a week. But that is just me.