Vegas Nov 22 - 26 / 2013

Due to work commitments, I'm unable to attend the WPT YUL (ffs).....soooooo

I booked a Vegas trip for the tail end of the VDSE.

Hoping to bink a satty to play the 2.5k main event.....failing that, will just be playing the smaller dailies (ie. Venetian, Aria, Ceasars, etc)

If anyone is down during that time, lmk. I'll try to update this thread with TR updates.

Unlike some forumers, I'll be dipping into the booze pretty heavy, so probly no BAP for this one because of that.

Comments

• Sounds like fun! Good luck!
  • The cards get better with more martinis. Just my 2 cents
  • Good luck T8! I have a feeling your going to bink one this time around.
  • asxn557 wrote: »
    The cards get better with more martinis. Just my 2 cents

Can't say I've tried a martini at the table.......tks for the tip

One thing I can confirm....an un-countable number of Vodka Redbulls on an all-night'er at the table, followed by checking out and just making your flight = flight from hell
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Unlike some forumers, I'll be dipping into the booze pretty heavy, so probly no BAP for this one because of that.

Ive seen you drink and play.

I would RATHER invest in this trip.
  • i was there for DSE all last november, good times except for the whole not cashing.
  • Monoxide wrote: »
    i was there for DSE all last november, good times except for the whole not cashing.

haha, I have a similar record so far at the Venetian this year 0/3 and -$1.4k

damn, it gets worse...since I started tracking (2011), 4 cashes in 31 tourneys there over 156 hours and a -$22.91 / hr earned

current streak is 13 tourneys without a cash, since I chopped a nightly back in July 2011
  • Heh yea 0/21 and 0/15 for me both trips lost 30k or so total

Was on stake for 1st bit tho so didnt feel the full brunt of it.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Ive seen you drink and play.

I would RATHER invest in this trip.

I think you've found my leak.....sobriety
  • Got back late last night as a beaten up drunk.

Run bad was apparent early on, as the flight was delayed departing for 2 hrs.....managed to put back a few bevvies in the lounge, meeting some interesting people, including one different lad from North Dakota who was equal parts duck commander and surfer?

Don't think I got sober until I woke late afternoon Monday. I'll give a list of how bad it was:

Friday:

Caesars: NLHE Tourney: 30th / 55 -$85
    Aria: $1/3 PLO: -$900
    Harrah's: $1/2 NLHE: -$295

Saturday:
    Venetian: NLHE Satty to Main Event: 2 entries, 60th / 159 -$600
    Venetian: NLHE Survivor Tourney: 25 / 83 -$300

Sunday:
    Aria: NLHE Tourney: 18th / 153 -$125
    Aria: NLHE Tourney: 35th / 72 -$125
    Caesars: NLHE Tourney: 2 entries, 9th / 31 -$170
    Caesars: $1/3 NLHE: +$130
    Harrah's: $1/2 NLHE: -$800

Monday:
    Venetian: NLHE Tourney: 6th / 108 +$732

Tuesday:
    Ceasars: NLHE Tourney: 1st / 41 +$1070

As you can see......cash games, I was a drunken spewtard....may have ran a little under EV as well.

The first Aria tourney really hurt.......with 30 people left, I had 1/8th the chips in play. I get in a hand against AA where I flopped a set....we get it in, A on the turn.....obviously he had the 2nd most chips in the tourney, so that cut my stack in 1/2......and with 18 left (paying 15).....in a 3-bet pot, the same guy calls off a pot size shove (20bb) on a 7 high flop cracking my JJ with AK when a K hits the river.

Had to be my biggest blowup ever.

My only winning session in cash I got a talking to from the house. I was in a big pot with my buddy, in which I had check-raised the river, and he shoved....I was facing a $350 call, so I was tanking for a bit .....after about a minute (may have been 5, but I was hammered) a guy that had been sleeping periodically calls time on me......I pleasantly tell him to go the phuck back to sleep.

Apparently after the dealers rotation, he reports this statement to the house (Jeffrey), who was an ignorant mofo. If it wasn't a Caesars property, I would have told him to GFHS.....but even in my inubriated state, I did not want to get banned from playing the World Series....I decided to rack up and leave before I would inevitably get banned.

BTW, in the hand I had A8 on a A4K54 board......I fold and my buddy shows me the 89off.....fml.

Made a decent comeback playing the Venetian nightly for 6th Monday for $930, and winning the Caesars noon Tuesday for $1.18k prior to my flight departure Tuesday night.

I should also note, on my trip back to my room Sunday night to reload....there was a drunk guy trying to get into his hotel room, but was having some difficulty....I continue on to my room, grab cash, and heading back....the same guy is passed out snoring louder than shit in the hallway. I did what most would, and snapped a pic. Notice the perfectly upright beer in his hand during the nap.

Untill next time Vegas.......I already miss u
  • Good report for what sounds like you were drunk most of the time.
  • First observation, you shouldn't play poker on weekends while in Vegas!
  • Love the T/R Corey... Would love to spend time as your (sober) wingman sometime there... Our short meeting certainly didn't do you justice.. Glad you had a great time anyways.. ;)