The Poker Place - Monday Night Turbo - Win Seat to 2014 Niagara Classic Satellite!!

Monday Night TURBO!! - $50 NLHM Tournament 10K Stack w/option (Rebuy) Monday November 11th,2013

Along with the Prize Pool, The Winner Also Receives a Seat Into "The Monthly Special" - End of November's Special is for a Seat into the 2014 Niagara Classic $1000 Buy-In

Start: 7:30 PM Sharp. Registration: open at 7:00 PM, please be early. Limited to the first 40 entries.

Limited to 40 Players

Tournament Format: No Limit Hold'em, freeze-out after the first 80 minutes.

Please go to Home for more details and RSVP to the event.

Comments

• 100% of all entries and add-ons from our tournaments goes back to the prizes pool and monthly special for each event.

Example:

$50 Buy-In = $40 to prize pool = $10 to Monthly Special Prize Pool (same applies to Re-Buys)
    $10 Add-ons = $5 to prize pool = $5 to Monthly Special Prize Pool

We only ask players to purchase the door option for $15.00 for additional chips. This is totally optional and goes towards expenses. You are still welcomed to play if you do not purchase this (which means 0 rake). However, we appreciate the purchase of this option. As we are a private membership based club, this is used to maintain expenses and allow us to provide a great place for our members to enjoy.
  • It's better to rake and fund the Monthly Special from the initial buy-in instead of taking extra money out of the rebuys and add-ons. The "rake" (i.e., what doesn't go to the night's prize pool) becomes too high with a buy-in of only $65:
    ($15 + $10 + $10 + $5) / ($65 + $50 + $10) = 32%.

While not as high as YRPL's ~53%, the part that is taken out of the night's prize pool is much lower at Scarborough Sharks - 11.5% for the $130 buy-in. Basically, it makes no sense to do any rebuy/add-on or even to play at all unless you are 100% sure that you will qualify for the end of the month/season.

Does anybody know if Toronto Aces Poker Club is better than Sharks in not raking rebuys/add-on?
    $50 Buy-In = $40 to prize pool = $10 to Monthly Special Prize Pool (same applies to Re-Buys)
    $10 Add-ons = $5 to prize pool = $5 to Monthly Special Prize Pool
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    It's better to rake and fund the Monthly Special from the initial buy-in instead of taking extra money out of the rebuys and add-ons. The "rake" (i.e., what doesn't go to the night's prize pool) becomes too high with a buy-in of only $65:

While not as high as YRPL's ~53%, the part that is taken out of the night's prize pool is much lower at Scarborough Sharks - 11.5% for the $130 buy-in. Basically, it makes no sense to do any rebuy/add-on or even to play at all unless you are 100% sure that you will qualify for the end of the month/season.

Does anybody know if Toronto Aces Poker Club is better than Sharks in not raking rebuys/add-on?

Dude, just stay home and shut up about it.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    It's better to rake and fund the Monthly Special from the initial buy-in instead of taking extra money out of the rebuys and add-ons. The "rake" (i.e., what doesn't go to the night's prize pool) becomes too high with a buy-in of only $65:

I totally get the numbers. We are catering to all levels of players so we offer different amount buy-in tournaments. Unfortunately, the rent and expenses are the same no matter what we play. We came up with $15 because we think that is a fair amount. This allows us to keep the expenses paid and provide drinks and snacks for the players. Trust me when I say. I'm not getting rich doing this. It is a hobby for me because I love the game. I enjoy getting everyone together to play some good poker while continuing to learn the game.

Maybe our Saturday $105 Mega Deepstack will interest you. The option is the same price at $15 and Add-Ons are $10.
  • I don't wanna just stay home, dat's why I'm looking for good games to go to. Whatever happened to the decent underground tourneys I used to play at Brampton, Orangeville (pokerpigs), Georgetown, Woodbridge, North York, airport, downtown, etc?
    Card Dead wrote: »
    Dude, just stay home and shut up about it.