Friday March 18 in Brampton

Okay, the next home game at my place will be Friday March 18 starting at 7:30pm in Brampton. No limit Holdem.

Buyins are $20 each round, hopefully we can get at least 2 rounds in before it gets too late. To help, instead of increasing the blinds when someone busts out, we will put a time on the blinds. Starting at 1/2 and increasing every 20mins.

Again, this is meant to be a friendly game to get to meet others and have some fun, and practise. All levels of play are welcome, but those who are too serious....well, it is meant to be fun, remember?

If you're interested, still have a few seats open. Those first to commit will have the seat waiting for them. If you commit, please plan on playing. Nothing is more discouraging than thinking you have a table full and end up turning others away, only to find out two or three didn't make it out. :mad:

PM me here or send me an email. I will forward the house rules to you and the rest of the details.

STR82ACE :D

Comments

• Thanks for the bump Dorez.

We now have a full table guys :D . Thanks for committing so quickly. Payouts are now by the maximum as per the detail email I sent out to everyone over the weekend.

See you all on Friday night!! :diamond:

STR82ACE
  • AJ,

I just want to say I had a great time tonight. It was a fun bunch of guys. To the young college student, if you need a placement next year, don't hesitate to ask. I can hook you up.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • Thanks for coming out Brent, especially considering the distance you travelled. Glad we can make it worth your while. Be sure to let me know on the West Side tourney.

Great to see some new faces at the game too. I think I was the only one who didn't take any kind of pot $$ at all, everyone else I think did. Man, I got to find the holes in my game!!! Since I started this little home game of mine, I have yet to get into the money. Oh well, back to the books I guess.

Mario, Justin, Dave, Dennis, and Mario's bud (sorry, man, your name is escapes me), thanks for coming out guys. It was a heck of a night wasn't it? First game went up to 32/16 blinds, and the second game only as far as 8/4!!! Great bets, bad beats,....it was all there last night wasn't it?? Dave certainly had his share of bad beats early in the second game, but he did okay overall on the night.

Mario, let me know what's happening with your regular game. Post me the details, I will try to make it out.

Again, thanks for coming out guys. Had a good time. I will post you all on next's months game in the next couple of weeks.

STR82ACE
    AJ
  • And yes, Dennis....

A straight DOES beat two pair, even if you DON'T see it!!! :D
  • the play of the night dennis, hope to see you next weekend in guelph. By the way when it is checked to the big blind and you are the big blind (AJ) most people will check and not fold just to see a flop.

Brent
    West Side Poekr Club
  • DOH :eek:
  • Thanks for having me in the first place AJ it was a great little set up, count me in for the next one. As for my friend's name , Mike. and ill let u know as soon as i can about our next home game as i think things are on hold as 3 of our regulars are away at the moment .
    Brent ill probably call u sometime this week about that tourney in Guelph .

once again , great night and great host.
    thanks .
  • Enjoyed having you guys. One thing I learned (other than calling when big blind and checked to you...who knew??) is that I have to turn up the aggressive part of my game a couple of notches. There were a couple of times I would have taken it down, or at least split the pot...just got too timid.

I will let you all know when the next game is in April. It will definitely be before the opening day of fishing....and I do mean FISHING!!! Poker...Fishing...alot of similiarities between the two. Should maybe write about them sometime...

STR82ACE
  • AJ,

I would love to hear that commintary sometime. As far as your play goes. A simplw rule I learned early on was tight aggression. That means (as it was explained to me) when you feel strong, or are in a strong position at that tableie on the button, one of the blinds, etc. make what you would consider a bold play, see how others respond. Mario on a number of occassions went with bets of 8 then 12 then 16. I called them all with out re-raising to see how many times he would fire into the pot. Then the next time I tried him he started at 12 I re-raised to 20 to see what he would do. On both occassions I felt information was important and I could afford to lose the chips. hope this helps.

I need help with heads up play and can't seem to find people to talk about it. Twice I have asked on this board and no replys.

Brent
    West Side Poker Club
  • Thanks for the advise, Brent. I'll have to practise this techique on the wife...hopefully she won't decide to swat me upside my head. Sometimes, it can be difficult to push her limits to see how far she would go...and I have the battle scars to prove it too.

Truth be told, I don't think I was ever in a positive chip position all night. Maybe once, but that was about it. Cards weren't laying right for me. Still, I know the game better than that and I know I have to play more aggressively to defend whatever cards I have. Just could't get the swing right I guess. As far as Heads Up action....Well, I guess I have to make it that far first, won't I? :tongue:

I just might do somthing up about the similarities on poker and fishing (particularily fly fishing) and submit it to all_aces for the board. Might be good for a laugh or two.
  • One thing I learned is that aggressiveness wins you bigger pots. If you bluff and everyone knows you're bluffing, you may lose this hand, but later on you're going to get more callers when you hit the nuts. It even works by going all in when you have top pair with an obvious straight on the board. :p Man, I'm never going to live that down. Right now the biggest problem I have is with top pair, I always forget about straights and flushes. But I think it may help me. If I get the nut straight and one of you guys has the lower straight, they're going to call my all in because they are going to think all I have is a pair. haha.

Great Game AJ!