What would you do?

I got dealt KJ in a heads up game, 1,500 starting stack my opponent called and i just called. The flop to my suprise came KJJ my opponent raised about 300 i re-raised him all-in.

I lost this hand should have i just called him instead of going all-in?

Comments

• unreal results oriented thinking
  • After villain bet 300, your plan should be how to get the rest of his chips in with your flopped full house, so raising is fine. Did he have KK?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Did he have a J and ended up with quads?

That would be an unbelievable bad beat that there were 5 Jacks in the deck :-p

Back to the original question - I can't see ever just calling here, unless it is to try and slow play your opponent into doing your betting for you. Definitely not to think about slowing down on the turn.

What card could come on the turn that is going to make you change your mind about getting the rest of your money into pot? Right now you are only losing to KK. Even if an ace comes on the turn I don't see how you could get away if your opponent goes all in since the only other hands that beat you would be AA and AJ. If you do run away from the all in bet you are playing way too scared.

As pkrface said, I think you are being way too results oriented on your analysis of the hand. In this scenario your only worry should be about breaking your wrists on how fast you shove your chips in the center.
  • Ooops, I should eat something first before posting in a strategy thread!
  • The turn came an ace for a better fullhouse, also the river came an ace
    so i really had no chance but that was unbelievable.
  • The turn came an ace for a better fullhouse, also the river came an ace
    so i really had no chance but that was unbelievable.

See, you should have just called...>:D
  • Cmon guys, he is new to the forum and probably new to the game. give him some love
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    Cmon guys, he is new to the forum and probably new to the game. give him some love

I looked for a heart smiley, but there wasn't one. Isad.
  • this thread gave me eye cancer
  • Assuming you had just called, and the Ace came followed by an offsuit 2, are you folding on the river if he shoves?
  • You flopped a FULL HOUSE . . . not only that but your opponent was willing to get all his chips in when you flopped a FULL HOUSE.

Unless your opponent flat out SHOWED YOU HIS CARDS, you should be jamming those chips into the pot as fast as you computer's hard drive will allow it.
  • I got dealt KJ in a heads up game, 1,500 starting stack my opponent called and i just called. The flop to my suprise came KJJ my opponent raised about 300 i re-raised him all-in.

what did he had ?
  • pokerpua wrote: »
    what did he had ?

lol, what's that saying about being late to the something?
  • You didn't say specifically, but:
    - is this live or online?
    - what is the buy-in?
    - do you know your opponent?
    - sounds like this is the first hand and/or first level. Yes?

He bets the flop like he has something:
    KJ, AJ, Jx, AA, KK, maybe QQ or TT
    I find it interesting that neither of you raised pre-flop. No pre-flop raise to me means these aren't the hands he has. Well played by him because it smells like a bluff.

Calling gives you no info unless you think you're trapping. A raise to 600 would be my preference, then if he goes all-in, he has a J and you then evaluate his likely kicker. Or he has KK. But at least your tourney isn't over in seconds.
  • I got dealt KJ in a heads up game, 1,500 starting stack my opponent called and i just called. The flop to my suprise came KJJ my opponent raised about 300 i re-raised him all-in.

I wold just call.
    now I have a question if your hole cards is a premium card like A, K, Q or with a low card (2 to 7) unsuited or suited shold I hold or fold?

Thank for your advise in advance
  • pokerpua wrote: »
    I wold just call.
    now I have a question if your hole cards is a premium card like A, K, Q or with a low card (2 to 7) unsuited or suited shold I hold or fold?

Thank for your advise in advance

Neither..... Raise...
  • I'm pretty Fed up with this
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i'm pretty fed up with this

icwudt
  • compuease wrote: »
    Neither..... Raise...

Please present you arguments