Team "Nomad" . . .

While I enjoyed steering the Ching Hill ship through this Royal Cup (and thanks to all for the kind words yesterday viz. AJ), I would like to embark on a new project for the next Royal Cup. Yesterday there were 7 teams in play, and I think all of us would agree that 8 would be better. With that in mind I am curious for reaction to the following concept:

There is always an attempt to form the various individuals interested in playing, but who are not already affiliated with a "set" team, into a Free Agent Team. It happened this time out, as well, but unfortunately Mudgutts could not garner enough players. My thought is that, if we could gather the names of those interested in playing, but not already on a team, and do so NOW, there might be a better chance of adding an eighth team to the mix.

Thus, Team Nomad is born . . . for players who do not otherwise have a home, but do not wish to wander around the Royal Cup wilderness . . .

If this idea interests you, and if you fall into this category of player, please feel free to PM me with your deets. When the next Royal is announced, I will send out a PM right away and, with any luck, there will be EIGHT teams in play at the next Royal Cup.

Who's in?

1. Milo
2. Bigslik77
3. djgolfcan
4. redneckpkrplr (T)
5. Brad C. (T)
6. Kanga X5
7. Beanie42
8. Ringer (CONFIRMED)

Comments

• You mean team Ching made you walk the plank?
  • Absolutely not . . . that being said, it is my feeling that the person who is now running the League should also be in charge of the Team for the Royal Cup. As HitmenZ24 has taken on that project, he should be leading the Team from here on out. It only seems proper . . .

Besides, if we are going to get this event to grow, we have to start somewhere, right?

Perhaps a "Sticky" to keep this near the top of the page?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Perhaps a "Sticky" to keep this near the top of the page?
    Done..

But I still think this was at the very least.. A mutiny...;)
  • compuease wrote: »
    But I still think this was at the very least.. A mutiny...;)

Nah. He was simply the caretaker government. ;)
  • Yes, but the Strawberries . . . that is where I had them . . . how, through geometric logic . . . I was able to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt . . .
  • **Bump**

So, does anyone not already commited to a team wish to play in a great day of poker?
  • I have about 3 or 4 players that are maybes there is two for sures I was thinking of putting my own team together but this may work better
  • If you want to add names I would play PLO and Brad c will play stud
  • redneck . . . if you like, I will list you two as (T) until you know for certain if your team is a "go". How does end of February sound for a deadline>
  • Our poker league is on feb 2 so I should know for sure then how many I have
  • Do you need more players?
  • Sorry . . . might need one, depending on if my "ringer" pans out or not. Seven solid "ayes" right now.
  • is good to go.
  • Just in case anyone cancels - I would be glad to fill a spot, just let me know!
  • Thank you. You will be #2 on the call list.
  • woo hoo now I can say I'm #1 :D