How long do you take to decide?

In a small live 1/2 game?

I'll post the hand first just cause.

So it is my first hand sitting down.. I have 108DD in cutoff and made it 12 dollars.

3 callers and the flop is 10h 8h 4d.. cool.

checked to me and I bet 21 dollars.. everyone calls.. hmm.

turn king of spades.. checked to me I all in for 97.. two folders until it gets to the middle aged asian lady (who has a laptop beside her watching some soap..lol) she goes off in something other than English I recognize a couple of the swear words.

Roughly a minute passes and the button rather angrily tells her "Hurry Up, Hurry up".. I had her covered by 30 bucks or so btw

The amount of time it took was a little annoying but didn't bother me too much (The call and her hitting that 3rd heart did more so lol) but more the reaction of the guy.

Question is how long do you usually take? Do you believe a minute is too long? Or was the guy really out of line? It was a pretty fun table too minus that one guy.

Comments

• If I am going to take some time, it is going to be in a situation a whole lot more complicated than what you described.
  • I agree for sure it was annoying.. but not really rage inducing.

and i'm someone who acts rather quickly.
  • Macke wrote: »
    In a small live 1/2 game?

checked to me and I bet 21 dollars.. everyone calls.. hmm.

I instantly decided I want to play in this game...

Cash games have no clock. I would never call time unless I was in the hand and it took so long that I needed to leave to use the washroom.
  • While i am some times bothered by slow players I just wait.
    Hopefully they think long and wrong.
  • I usually take my time if there is some big action on the river, i remember in Montreal i had 10-j suited LP at a 1-3 table. i don't remember the action but it was AKQA10 board and the guy went all in on the river. some people were annoyed that i took a lot of time, I don't know how much i took but probably 3-4 minutes. I called at the end and it was a chop he had AJ :D

I think some people take time on every action and a long time which is annoying but sometimes someone really has a decision. I don't think i ever called clock though.
  • I would be annoyed too, now if she wasn't watching the soap then I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    If I was playing, I would be calling the clock on her every hand until she put her laptop away.
  • I am with mosse, THIS is the game to be at!.....A minute really is nothing, if someone is moaning play faster he should go home and load up stars.