Circuit Board Help

No power flows in the switch on the right. It is missing a connector when compared to the working switch on the left. Is this missing connector just a jumper? Can I just solder across to complete the connection?

IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_4963.JPG

Comments

• I think mudguts is the resident expert on switches

No, Tapatalk says this can't be changed.
  • All depends on what P03 does

No, Tapatalk says this can't be changed.
  • 0.3 ohm resistor?
  • moose wrote: »
    0.3 ohm resistor?

That's the problem it may be a component, diode, capacitor, resistor, etc.. I can't tell from the picture.. If it was just a jumper then yes you could just solder across however I doubt it is.
  • English only at the table please!
  • What is this out of?
  • It is a switch for a battery compartment on a toy gun.
  • P03 is likely a diode or a transistor (hard to tell from the photos) and replacing it with a jumper will probably not work, might even short out the battery. Not recommended.

Jac
    It is a switch for a battery compartment on a toy gun.

Get the kid a metal lathe.
  • Don't you know about free trade? It's cheaper just to buy a new one. Go to the dollar store.
  • JacNoK wrote: »
    P03 is likely a diode or a transistor (hard to tell from the photos) and replacing it with a jumper will probably not work, might even short out the battery. Not recommended.

Jac

Actually with the P designation I think this is a type of diode or mosfet which are typically used in low voltage, power management applications which would likely apply here. At least back a few years they were.
  • On an ohmmeter a diode would read infinite resistance though, no?
  • It's a resistor equipped transistor (PNP digital transistor), they can be purchased at Sayal Electronics (1040 Fountain Street,Unit 3-4 Cambridge, Ontario)...
  • Thanks, what is it's purpose?
    Thanks, what is it's purpose?

$ave space and simplify circuit design...
  • Ok but why is it there?
    Ok but why is it there?

...to simplify the circuit, decrease the use of multiple components.

here ya go Resistor :D
  • Can you point me out what I should be looking for?

SAYAL Electronics Web Site - 9/20/2013 4:18:45 PM

My component doesn't seem to have 3 legs like the images at Sayal.