Manual Lawn Mower?

Anyone have a good source for one...prices seem ridiculous around here (I'm not going to pay over $100 for a manual mower) and I cannot find a good source for decent brands that ship to/within Canada online.

Trying to find something on Kijiji but not much available right now.

Comments

• asysuza7.jpg

You can pick up something like this at Walmart for under 20$. Not cordless mind you.
  • I bought mine at Canadian Tire for under a Hundo and even got one model up for wider blade or would have cheaper. Left it in snow all last winter and it still cuts great this season. 2 years mowing once a week or so with all the rain, figure it owes me nothing. Hear blades aren't worth sharpening, but I think it's good for one more season
  • asysuza7.jpg

You can pick up something like this at Walmart for under 20$. Not cordless mind you.

That's not manual...scissors would have been funnier
  • Why in hell would you want a reel mower? Unless your lawn is around 200 sq feet, just get an electric. Just bought a new one at Sears for a C-note. Lots of sales as they want to bring in snow blowers.
  • Because the bible doesn't mention electricity?:)
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Because the bible doesn't mention electricity?:)

When Y2K hits youre gonna wish you had a Moses Mower.

So get some goats. Will also be handy if you are feeling lonely this winter.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    When Y2K hits youre gonna wish you had a Moses Mower.

Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Neither does the Church support homosexual acts, which are considered sinful.
    Milo wrote: »
    So get some goats. Will also be handy if you are feeling lonely this winter.

You mean homosexuality is sinful but making out with a goat is ok?

damn, I'm definitely in trouble if this goes the wrong way..>:D
  • Milo wrote: »

Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty . . .

Did I miss something?
  • They (apparently) are healthier for a lawn from what I hear. I have no idea why.

That being said... Having used one, there's no way I'd buy one.

I'm pretty sure you're going to pay more than $100 for a new one no matter where you live.
  • They (apparently) are healthier for a lawn from what I hear. I have no idea why.

That being said... Having used one, there's no way I'd buy one.

I'm pretty sure you're going to pay more than $100 for a new one no matter where you live.

I've used one before and it worked well....guess I'm still used to USA prices

Yeah it does. It's called the Ark of the Covenant. It's just a capacitor.
  • Over a decade ago, almost two . . . my parents bought a new reel mower. It was very light, and therein was the problem. Too light for the wheels to gain sufficient traction to keep the reel spinning, and thus cutting.
  • Did everyone miss the part where I mentioned Canadian Tire sells several options for under a bill and they work great?
  • I saw that...all out of stock right now, but it's ok the house fell through I will probably need a shovel instead