2014 Toronto Blue Jays Home Opener

April 4 vs. New York Yankees

Comments

• Obviously in.

Add Mario too

Mark
  • And I thought this years sign up was early....

Tentatively in. Will need a place to stay, unless I get a hotel room downtown.
  • Always welcome at my place brother

Mark
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    And I thought this years sign up was early....

Tentatively in. Will need a place to stay, unless I get a hotel room downtown.

Wasn't a sign up, was a PSA
  • Booked my flight for Thursday April 3rd as Porter doesn't get into YTZ (Toronto Island) until 6:30. Flight home is first thing Saturday morning after the game.

Wouldn't mind crashing somewhere on Thursday night, maybe hit Woodbine or BCC also.

As for Friday, I don't want to impose on anybody as I most likely will be having a few pops and well, you know :D Probably get a hotel somewhere downtown.
  • Thought it involves a trip out of town, you're always welcome at my place Johnnie...

Mark
    As for Friday, I don't want to impose on anybody as I most likely will be having a few pops and well, you know :D Probably get a hotel somewhere downtown.
    I hear that the Wendy's/Timmies at the 401 Milton location is still cleaning their parking lot... So is Front St, west of the dome.. :)
    Booked my flight for Thursday April 3rd as Porter doesn't get into YTZ (Toronto Island) until 6:30. Flight home is first thing Saturday morning after the game.

Wouldn't mind crashing somewhere on Thursday night, maybe hit Woodbine or BCC also.

Booked a room at the Strathcona for the night of the HO, but I am in need of a couch or piece of floor for Thursday April 3rd.

Thanks Mark for your offer, but I think staying in the GTA would be easiest. Looking to get in a trip to Woodbine or wherever if possible.
  • Tickets are here - all you KW folks need to PM/email me your address so I can send the tickets out. Would Hobbes mind being the one that gets them and distribute? Or does everyone prefer for me to mail it to them directly?
  • I can distribute to KW folks
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I can distribute to KW folks

Tickets will be on their way tmr
  • So this is NEXT WEEK! Same plan as last year? Meet at Shoeless Joes beforehand?
    So this is NEXT WEEK! Same plan as last year? Meet at Shoeless Joes beforehand?

Something like that probably? Who else is coming down early-ish?
  • Will be meeting you guys at the game most likely.
  • Mark/Mario/etc - any of you guys coming down early?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Mark/Mario/etc - any of you guys coming down early?

Beuller?

I'm staying with blackmagicz the night before, and will check into my hotel mid-afternoon. Will meet you guys anywhere.

Anybody taking the day off from work?
  • Aiming to be down there by 5, plenty of time for a few beers and creating a solid McGowan chant...
  • Watching McGowan you will need a few beers.

Anybody taking the day off from work?

Texted Mark today and he said he's going to try to take the day off. I'm going to be down by 2~
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Texted Mark today and he said he's going to try to take the day off. I'm going to be down by 2~

Sounds good! RealSports Bar then?

payperview wrote: »
    Watching McGowan you will need a few beers.

Challenge accepted!
  • From my vantage point, the guy who ran onto the field looked like Mark. If it was, kudos on your surprising nimbleness.
  • Mark was waaaaaaaaay to drunk to run. :D